Malteser International works in Uganda since the 1990ies in humanitarian, transitional and development assistance with special focus on health, WASH and Food & Nutrition Security.Malteser International currently implements a project to improve emergency care by introducing the postgraduate professional education for emergency nurses and by initiating an association of ambulance service providers in Uganda. A task force has been initiated by the Government of Uganda whose aim it is to improve emergency care all over the Country.
Objectives of the security assessment:
The overall objective of the assignment is to develop and introduce a curriculum “emergency nurse”:
- To develop a curriculum for a new 1,5 years specialized diploma course “emergency nurse” (20% theoretical training, 20% training at models, 60% practical training)
- To prepare and facilitate two workshops “emergency nurse curriculum” with the relevant stakeholders in Kampala, Uganda.
The consultant is expected to produce the following deliverables:
- Draft curriculum “emergency nurse” (post-certificate training) for submission to the relevant bodies (Task Force, UCMB, MoH)
- A report on the two workshops “emergency nurse curriculum” with potential further recommendations
The assignment is expected to take place as soon as possible. The draft curriculum must be submitted no later than 20th of December 2017. The workshops will take place in the months between January and March 2018.
- Formal education as paramedic, rescue assistant or equivalent
- Professional experience
- Proven knowledge and understanding of rescue services in developing countries
- Proven experience in the facilitation of workshops with different stakeholders
- Proven ability of producing publications
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
Tenders and Evaluation Management
Bids must include:
- Technical offer including description of methodology and work plan
- Financial Offer
- Information on previous experience including CV
- Information on availability for the assignment
Bids should be submitted electronically to Malteser International by the closing date of 12th December 2017.
COB to: Alexandra Kaiser, Program Manager Uganda at Alexandra.Kaiser@malteser-international.org