- Responsible for the maintenance of the medical warehouse as well as its infrastructure (pallets, shelving, electricity and water supply, lighting, air-conditioning)
- Ensure that the room temperature permanently meets the acceptable temperature range. The check and reporting of the minimum, maximum and actual room temperature on monitoring sheet twice a day can be delegated to helpers. But report immediately to the medical logistician in case of alert.
- Supervise clean and safe unloading of arriving consignments and check that all consignments are accompanied by their respective Waybills and Packing Lists
- Ensure that only authorized consignments leave the medical warehouse with appropriate documentation.
- Perform a complete entry inspection of the parcels (quantity, general conditions) and compare with the Waybill.
- Perform a quality control (quantity, packaging, shelf life, labeling, etc.) of all arriving goods and compare with Packing List.
- Take part of any inventory exercise organized by Medical Logistician
- Actively support the Medical Logistician in ensuring the reliability and auditability of medical stocks management
- Secondary education
- Additional vocational training in administration, logistics or storekeeping an asset
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a similar field
- Proficient Hausa language and good oral and written English knowledge
- PC literate: Microsoft office. Microsoft Excel is an asset
- Medical knowledge is an asset
- Sense of organization
- Rigor and methodical
- Honesty & integrity
- Able to cope with stressful situations
How to Apply:
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to
Please clearly indicate “Medical Storekeeper ABJ” as the subject of your application
(Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 08.12.2017, 16:30 h. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The ICRC does not request for any payment from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. It has been working in Nigeria since 1988.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org