G4S is the leading global integrated security company specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions.
The group is active in more than 110 countries, and is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange with over 623,000 employees and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen.
We specialise in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
G4S in Africa:
G4S the largest private sector employer and largest security company in Africa, with operations in more than 30 African countries and more than 122 000 employees on the continent.
Kindly note, by registering your details for this Expression of Interest Role you acknowledge a potential, future relevant role with G4S and that this is not an active vacancy. G4S recruit throughout the year, and job roles will become live at different times in different locations. By applying you will be considered for all suitable roles when they open.
The Project Manager will coordinate the provision of contractual and ad hoc security services to the customer within their portfolio, in compliance with legislation, Company policies and procedures, to ensure achievement of budgeted financial targets
Effective management of the contract financial performance:
Initiate cost saving model and controls
- Gross Margin Management
- Direct Wage control / Employee Relations management
- Overheads control
- Contract profitability
- Existing Revenue Growth
- Escalations are achieved
- Manage the contracts cash flow
- Deployment Security Officer management
Effective management staff within contract:
- Staff turnover analysis, proper allocation of staff to positions and structure.
- Effective labour management including rosters and shift patterns
- Management of overtime and annual leave
- Undertake other activities as required.
- Succession Planning and Employment Equity
- Staff motivation levels
- Ensuring that performance assessments of all subordinate employees are conducted and corrective action implemented where necessary
- Ensuring that acceptable standards of behaviour at work are maintained by all subordinate employees, as required by G4S’s code of conduct and disciplinary code
- Ensuring that all disciplinary actions are conducted in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
Effective management of Operations:
Client retention and customer service levels
- Ensuring that site meetings are held on an ongoing basis
- Conducting regular site visits to assess effectiveness of site procedure implementation, identifying training needs and procedural improvements
- Ensuring that all required formal customer meeting are scheduled, attended and minute
- Maintenance of client relationship and ensuring client retention
Operations Process management – adherence to quality standard
- Ensuring that absenteeism is maintained within established norms
- Ensuring that manpower is maintained at optimum levels, to minimise unnecessary overtime
- Ensuring that claims against the Company are prevented or minimized through regular customer risk assessments
- Effective labour management and rostering
- Liaison with regards to invoicing, accuracy of such and securing payment
Shared Best Practice
- Specific examples of implementation of Best Practice from other regions
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience in the management of a Diplomatic client / entity project
- Secondary education/ poly technical school/ National Diploma OR an Associate degree
- Qualifications on a range of security-related skills along
- Record of proven reliability and good conduct to minimize personnel and staffing issues.
- Minimum of 10 years police/ military/ security, or local guard force management experience
- Minimum of five years work experience being at supervisory or command levels.
- Minimum of five years work experience in the host country or region.
- Intimate knowledge of overseas security environments
- Familiarity of the recent trends and specific terrorist and criminal threats
- Experience with risk management including problem identification and problem solving would be highly recommended.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Speak French and English (speaking/reading skill level S4/R4)
- Computer literacy including all common office management tools (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Experience with multiple levels of communication between various levels of management
- Experience of managing security staff or local guard force management experience
- Be an expert in all areas of physical security and access control
- Must understand operational methods of all guard force units and zones for response
- Maintain a professional demeanor under highly stressful circumstances
- Be experienced in basic communications and radio use/procedures
- Be able to maintain and manage communication between all parties
- Provide risk management planning and performing qualitative risk analysis
- Be able to define, sequence and estimate activities and resources
- Experience with acquiring, developing, and managing project teams
- Complete the contract required supervisor course