If you are passionate about working for a brand that believes in the difference that people make and in delivering value to our customers, MTN Nigeria is the place for you.
Please take that bold step and apply for a suitable vacancy
Job title Supervisor Logistics Operations
• Supervisor, Logistics is part of the Warehouse, Inventory & Logistics department and responsible for Logistics management processes at the Opco.
• The logistics management processes cover all aspects of warehousing and transportation requirements (for both trading stock as well as assets) including planning & managing deliveries, management of inventory returned from site/customers including receipt, repair / replacement by supplier or declared as scrap and disposal.
• Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing Sales & Distribution Processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
• Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimization, etc.), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
• Assist department in conducting demand planning, develop budgets for the upcoming year and implement plans to achieve the desired targets.
• Ability to analyze and consider critical parameters (i.e. cost, safety, carrier availability, etc.) before finalizing transport vendor
• Supervise the activities performed by Administrator, Logistics for inbound and outbound transportation and operations, along with landed costs and reverse logistics
• Submit collated Final Exchange Control Documentation (FECD) and cover letter to Opening Bank & Treasury Unit
• Plan for the logistics in case of dispatch of materials, stock transfers, returns and receipt of materials and ensure the cost effective transportation of materials
• Serve the Division’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
• Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behavior’s and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
• Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
• Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external suppliers.
• Coordinate, coach and influence external partners and essential support departments across MTNN’s business units to deliver a seamless pre-sales and post-sales service experience.
• Attend to all queries from the stakeholders/suppliers/ Logistics Service Provider (LSP) and resolve queries
• Generate and analyze the required reports for inbound transportation and share the results with the relevant stakeholders
• Notify all stakeholders with shipment arrival date by means of inbound delivery report
• Supervise individual team members performance
• Allocate daily work to team members and ensure appropriate planning for back-up and leave/absenteeism
• Ensure cohesive working
• Accountable for meeting and prioritizing own targets/deadlines and those of direct reports
• Provide information to the Manager on work accomplishments, individual/team challenges
• Lead team meetings and contribute on specialist/ technical areas
• Review performance metric dashboards prepared on various performance metrics and provide inputs to the Manager
• Timely notification of escalations to the Manager
• Resolve escalations as per defined escalation/resolution procedures
• Participate and provide inputs in project status meetings
• Propose operational changes and provide associated user impact assessment
• Ensure effective execution of day to day operations at the Opco and resolve operational issues
• Improve productivity and quality through leading practice initiatives
• Liaise with Center of Excellence (CoE) for Transport Supplier Agreement and Freight Requirements
• Plan shipment and inform transport supplier for pickup
• Generate required reports for inbound/outbound transportation and submit to authorized personnel
• Coordinate with the logistics service provider for the transport and track the status of the shipment
• Prepare / collate and verify all mandatory documents required for the shipment- clearance from customs and suppliers, as required
• Coordinate Logistical activities and release of material from Bonded Warehouse
• Liaise with Treasury and suppliers for Forex, Letter of Credit (LC) Application Form and Marine Insurance Certificate , as per requirements
• Responsible for update to shipping register
• Collect copy of Risk Assessment Report (RAR) from Risk Assessment Company
• Calculate and process Duty payment and obtain the receipt. Resolve queries on Duty payment from the Customs Authority, after obtaining legal inputs if required.
• Liaise with clearing agent for clearing and delivery of imports as per agreed turnaround times in order to prevent demurrage
• Responsible for the update of landed costs
• Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
• Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
• Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
• Identify training requirements of team members, develop program to address knowledge gaps and implement training interventions for retail participants to ensure adequate knowledge of MTNN products.
• Normal MTNN working conditions.
• May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
• First degree in Engineering or Supply Chain Management or Finance or any related discipline.
• Fluent in English.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialization, with experience in supervising/managing others.
• Experience working in a medium to large organization
• Knowledge of the process of receipt and movement of materials within warehouse
• Knowledge of the process of inventory management.
Minimum qualification BTech, BEng, BSc or HND