We have a high regard for collaboration, innovation, passion, performance, leadership and true customer service excellence. All attributes that contribute to Clickatell’s philosophy and attitude toward our colleagues, clients and of course, our jobs.
This is an opportunity to join an energetic, fast paced, dynamic, Sequoia* backed, mobile payments company, offering ample growth opportunities and exciting challenges.
*Sequoia played a role in the funding of YouTube, Apple, Google and other exciting companies.
- Career & personal growth opportunities within Payd are unusually high, fueled by a team of A-players whom drive growth.
- At Payd we invest in career development of our people and work closely with you on making your career goals a reality.
We are looking for a stellar growth Marketing Manager to drive bottom line growth, by bringing challenging ideas, and passionately executing them. You will be directly responsible for delivering aggressive business results.
Payd is on a mission to change the world of digital consumables and are looking for the right talent to join us on the journey. Payd remains ahead of any competitor in our markets, and we intend to stay that way. Innovative ideas are the engine that keeps us moving, and we’re looking for you to help us keep that engine running. We are looking for someone that thinks like a CEO, is wired into business results and that can communicate in numbers and clearly present to leadership.
- Earn the confidence of the leadership team by demonstrating success in the plans you deploy, and being articulate in your analysis and forecasting
- Support the Director of Marketing in planning and execution of plans
- Lead and evangelize marketing realization and get cross functional support and action
- Support product management in the development of product launch plans, USP, value proposition, positioning and pricing of products, aligned with market and competitive facts
- Execute product launch plans as defined with products
- Develop and implement marketing and communications plans that are aligned to the Marketing Strategy and Business objectives.
- Drive exponential growth on African markets
- Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution, ensuring ROI of spend.
- Creating and defining value propositions for solutions offered to clients including the positioning and packaging of products and services.
- Translate ideas to actionable items that deliver business results
Public Relations / Content Marketing
- Management of PR agency ensuring high-level of placements in online and print media
- Drafting, getting sign off and distributing the content for press releases
- Draft White Papers and case studies that position the company and select leaders as thought leaders in its field
Sales / Project Support
- Work with the graphic design team / ad agency to product collateral that’s aligned to the business requirements.
- Produce excellent sales presentations that best positions the solutions to aid the sales team to close the sales.
- Support key business projects in the business
- Develop and execute new client launch plans, within budget, as well as launching new countries and services
- Compile primary research to get insight into client’s and market requirements and experiences to create feedback in the business.
- Use secondary research and desktop research to develop reports to gain insight into competitors, geographies and other areas.
Direct Marketing (Secondary function)
- Schedule multiple marketing campaigns that target the relevant target market according to the segmentation of our user base.
- Measure, optimize and report performance of marketing campaigns,
- Setup and reporting on A/B testing of campaigns.
Digital Marketing (Secondary function)
- Planning digital marketing campaigns, including web, SEO/SEM, email, social media and display advertising
- Maintaining our social media presence across all digital channel
- Measuring and reporting on the performance of all digital marketing campaigns
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Able to back up recommendations using data
- Very strong results orientation
- High standards of excellence and attention to detail
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Intellectually curious and driven by results
- Proven experience delivering bottom line results
- Be an excellent advocate of payd’s products and services
- An excellent communicator, both in-person and in written presentation with the ability to concisely convey complex technical information.
- Able to exercise strong judgment independently and willing to productively share your opinion with colleagues
- Comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and rapid change; an experimenter by nature
Experience and education:
- +5 Years’ General Marketing Experience
- B.Com Degree in Marketing and Management
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Expert powerpoint and presentation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in financial Services or Telecommunications
- Business in Africa experience a plus
- Competitive salary paid monthly
- Quarterly performance incentives
- Medical aid contributions
- Pension fund contribution
- Group life cover
- Communication allowances