- Ensures that financial supporting documents are produced and acceptable according to ICRC financial rules (translation, supplier information and stamp, logistic support documents, approvals etc.)
- Monitors regularity of payments and to reports discrepancies
- Takes charge of daily management of the Office bank account under supervision of the Head of Office
- Monitors premises lease agreements: drafts new contracts, follow-up expiring lease agreement, processes renewal
- Sets up HR files of newly recruited staff and requests all compulsory personal documents
- Ensures each event in the professional life of each resident staff is documented in his/her HR file (confirmation letter, training certificates, upgrade, change of position, disciplinary measures etc)
- Provides staffs with advices and/or assistance pertaining to HR matters
- Arranges hotel/guestroom accommodation for visitors and processes administrative follow up of welcome expenses (invoices and all required attachments according to procedure) and to ensure their payments
- Performs other duties as requested by the Head of Office
- University education in business administration or secretariat
- 4 years’ professional experience in a similar field
- Fluent written and spoken English
- High computer literacy and very good computer skills especially Office software.
- Team leadership skills
- Sense of confidentiality and reliable
- Initiative, organised, methodical and flexible personality,
- Strong humanitarian motivation
- Capacity to manage and to mentor staff under his/her supervision
How to Apply:
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae, and contact details of three referees to
Please clearly indicate “Administrative Assistant Damaturu” as the subject of your application
(Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 17.01.2018, 16:30 h. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org