Kindly note, by registering your details for this Expression of Interest Role you acknowledge a potential, future relevant role with G4S and that this is not an active vacancy. G4S recruit throughout the year, and job roles will become live at different times in different locations. By applying you will be considered for all suitable roles when they open.
The Project Manager will coordinate the provision of contractual and ad hoc security services to the diplomatic customer within their portfolio, in compliance with legislation, Company policies and procedures, to ensure achievement of budgeted financial targets
Effective management of the contract financial performance:
Initiate cost saving model and controls
- Gross Margin Management
- Direct Wage control / Employee Relations management
- Overheads control
- Contract profitability
- Existing Revenue Growth
- Escalations are achieved
- Manage the contracts cash flow
- Deployment Security Officer management
Effective management staff within contract:
- Staff turnover analysis, proper allocation of staff to positions and structure.
- Effective labour management including rosters and shift patterns
- Management of overtime and annual leave
- Undertake other activities as required.
- Staff motivation levels
- Ensuring that performance assessments of all subordinate employees are conducted and corrective action implemented where necessary
- Ensuring that acceptable standards of behaviour at work are maintained by all subordinate employees, as required by G4S’s code of conduct and disciplinary code
- Ensuring that all disciplinary actions are conducted in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
Effective management of Operations:
Client retention and customer service levels
- Ensuring that site meetings are held on an ongoing basis
- Conducting regular site visits to assess effectiveness of site procedure implementation, identifying training needs and procedural improvements
- Ensuring that all required formal customer meeting are scheduled, attended and minute
- Maintenance of client relationship and ensuring client retention
Operations Process management – adherence to quality standard
- Ensuring that absenteeism is maintained within established norms
- Ensuring that manpower is maintained at optimum levels, to minimise unnecessary overtime
- Ensuring that claims against the Company are prevented or minimized through regular customer risk assessments
- Effective labour management and rostering
- Liaison with regards to invoicing, accuracy of such and securing payment
Shared Best Practice
- Specific examples of implementation of Best Practice from other regions
The Ideal Candidate:
- The Project Manager (PM) shall have experience and qualifications on a range of security-related skills and have a verified record of proven reliability and good conduct.
- The PM shall have a minimum of ten (10) years police, similar military or security, or local guard force management experience with a minimum of five (5) years of the guard work experience being at supervisory or command levels. A maximum of four (4) years of experience can be waived with a college degree from an accredited college/university.
- Fluent in French and have an English Speaking/Reading Skill Level S3/R3;
- Able to use a computer including all common office management tools (e.g. Microsoft Office);
- Have experience working with a diplomatic entity
- Great relationship management skills
- Experience managing security staff or local guard force management experience;
- Be expert in all areas of physical security and access control;
- Must understand operational methods of all guard force units and zones for response, and maintain a professional demeanor under highly stressful circumstances;
- Be experienced in basic communications and radio use/procedures;
- Be a licensed driver