ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises works with the poor and excluded; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and Governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America.
ActionAid Nigeria is inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill this position within the organisation:
Manager, Governance – Abuja
The post holder will be responsible for leading and motivating the Governance Team to plan and manage activities aimed at achieving the goals and objectives of its strategic focus. S/he will report to the Head of Programmes and be a member of the Country Management Team as well as be responsible for providing oversight functions for the respective projects under this strategic focus.
- First degree in Social sciences or Arts/humanities is essential.
- Master’s degree in relevant field is essential
- Eight (8) years minimum working experience is essential
- At least four years’ experience in a similar position is essential
- Management experience including in Governance & elections is essential
- Strong programming experience is essential
- Experience in national and state level policy making procedures and advocacy is essential
- Experience in building networks and working with partner organisations is essential
- Experience in proposal and report writing is essential
- Ability to recognise and exploit new fundraising opportunities
- Strong communication and report writing skills
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Ability to provide practical solutions within set deadlines
To apply, kindly complete the application form accessed from www.actionaid.org/nigeria/jobs. Applications should be sent in an MSWord attachment to Jobopenings.Nigeria@actionaid.org. Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Scanned application forms will be disregarded.
Kindly refer to the website – www.actionaid.org/nigeria/jobs for detailed job description/or terms of reference and application form of respective positions.
Subject line of emails must state clearly, job title of position applied for and location e.g Manager, Governance – Abuja.
ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women are particularly encouraged.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 9th April 2018. While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.