ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises works with the poor and excluded; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and Governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America.
ActionAid Nigeria is inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill this position within the organisation:
M&E Advisor – Abuja
The post holder will provide technical support and guidance in meeting the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) requirements of the Strengthening Citizens Resistance Against Prevalence of Corruption (SCRAP-C) project at all levels. The M&E Advisor will also provide leadership, guidance and support to the Consortium Members and Implementing Partners on all M&E components of the project.
- First degree in arts/humanities or social sciences is essential
- Masters degree in a relevant field is desirable
- At least five years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation is essential
- Excellent working knowledge of Data information systems is essential
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation skills and familiarity with the range of approaches and methods currently being deployed in the development sector is essential
- Experience in the use of SPSS and other M&E tools is essential
- Experience in community based work and use of various participatory M&E tools is essential
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to provide practical solutions within set deadlines
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Highly numerate
- Experience in facilitating trainings/meetings
- Excellent skills in Programme Information Management
To apply, kindly complete the application form accessed from www.actionaid.org/nigeria/jobs. Applications should be sent in an MSWord attachment to Jobopenings.Nigeria@actionaid.org. Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Scanned application forms will be disregarded.
Kindly refer to the website – www.actionaid.org/nigeria/jobs for detailed job description/or terms of reference and application form of respective positions.
Subject line of emails must state clearly, job title of position applied for and location e.g M&E Advisor – Abuja.
ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women are particularly encouraged.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 9th April 2018. While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.