The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) has a vacancy based in Vienna, Austria, for a Secretary in its Research Division/Environmental Matters Unit.
- Arranges and records incoming correspondence (memos/letters/e-mails/ invoices), and assists in dispositions and distribution to the relevant staff; monitors and keeps the Unit informed regarding the status of follow up.
- Arranges and records outgoing correspondence (memos/letters/e-mails/invoices), proofreading and providing the necessary background information; dispatches and files as required.
- Drafts memos/letters/e-mails/other response statements as requested.
- Follows-up pending matters within the Unit and with other Division/ Departments/Offices.
- Finalizes the Unit’s reports and presentations to Management and to the Governing Bodies.
- Translates correspondence from German to English and vice versa as required.
- Carries out any other tasks assigned by the relevant superiors as pertain to his/her background, qualifications and position.
- Secondary School certificate plus special courses
- 3 years of work experience
Skills and Knowledge:
- MS Office
- Communication & interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Initiative & integrity
- Proficiency in written and spoken English; German an asset
Commensurate remuneration package i.e. monthly basic salary of €3,121 x 12 per year with tax-free benefits and six-week annual leave.
Finance & Human Resources Department
A-1010 Vienna – Austria
Or Email: email@example.com
Online applicants should quote “Job Code 6.1.04” in the “Subject” field. An automatic reply will be sent to confirm the successful submission of the documents.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 27 May 2018. Acknowledgements will be sent to short-listed candidates only.