The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is Nigeria’s oldest energy company, and has a long term and continuing commitment to the country, its people and the economy. As one of the world’s leading energy companies Shell plays a key role in helping to meet the world’s growing energy demand in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways.
Applications are invited for the program below:
Title: Sabbatical Attachment for University Lecturers
Duration: 12 months (non renewable)
- The sabbatical programme offers University lecturers an opportunity to undertake research that would contribute to SPDC, while offering the sabbatical candidates avenues to acquire industry-related experience.
- The programme also offers opportunities for lectureship at the Centre of Excellence in Geosciences and Petroleum Engineering at the University of Benin in the following disciplines: Petroleum Geology , Geophysics and, Petroleum Engineering.
- Environment (Environmental Monitoring Restoration, Biodiversity and Impact Management);
- External Relations (Social Impact Assessment & Management and GMOU Implementation)
- Obstetrics & Gynecology, Pediatrics & Public Health.
- Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
- Senior lecturers and above.
- Applications from persons who have previously participated in the Programme will not be considered.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2018.
Method of Application
Applications from candidates should consist of:
- An application letter
- A Curriculum Vitae including applicant’s contact phone number, email address, as well as contact information of three referees with their contact information
- A titled, 3-page summary of how the candidate intends to add value to the SPDC business during the one year programme
- A scanned copy of the data page of applicants International Passport or National Driver’s Licence
All documents should be sent to: SPDC-University-Relations@shell.com
Note: Sabbatical positions are highly competitive, therefore selection will be based on proposals that are pertinent to SPDC business objectives among other criteria.