Project Assistant (MM/AVRR)
Working under the overall supervision of the Programme Manager (Migration Management) Lagos and the direct
supervision of the National Programme Officer (Migration Management) in Abuja, the successful candidate will contribute
to the implementation of the EUTF-IOM joint Initiatives for Migrant Protection and Reintegration for Nigeria, with special
focus on strengthening the governance of migration and migration data management.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support tracking of the implementation of reintegration assistance.
- Distribute travel allowances and return grants to returning migrants, as appropriate.
- Complete the beneficiary profile and needs assessment formats and codify and store information into a database.
- Review conditions of the reintegration plan as pertaining to the AVRR program and raise any issue.
- Support in the preparation of individual, collective or community based reintegration plans.
- Participate in field visits to the beneficiaries’ business sites and assess developments thereof of grants.
- Document and file all beneficiaries’ data in a database for reference and update it regularly.
- Support preparation and timely submission of monthly monitoring reports.
- Digitize and encode information into database and MiMOSA and prepare AVRR data for further processing.
- Support Monitoring and Evaluation of beneficiaries where necessary.Support the implementation of awareness raising against irregular migration in some selected migrants’ communities and ensure the information reaches the targeted audience.
- Provide general support to the assessment of the qualitative and quantitative impact of grants and community projects.
- Conduct field visits, as and when necessary.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
Degree / Certificate in Economics, Management, Development Studies, Social Work and other related Social Science;
or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience.
Minimum Four Years (Two Years for Degree Holders) experience in the field of Migration Management including
operational and field experience or related field, preferably within the International Humanitarian Field; Demonstrated
ability to maintain confidentiality is mandatory;
Good knowledge of project development, administration and evaluation concepts and procedures.
Proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with relevant Government counterparts, international
organizations and private sector entities.
Demonstrated knowledge of information technology and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel,
PowerPoint, Publisher, and SharePoint.
Previous work experience in international organizations and companies would be an advantage.
Preferably within the United Nations or within the international humanitarian field
Fluency in English and Native Language; Fluency in all languages advantageous;
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages
diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with
organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and
exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals
and optimize results.
Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action
oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own
action and delegated work.
Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in
an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to Apply
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to [email protected] indicating position applied on subject
line by Tuesday 9th July, 2019.
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page
specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and
with a subject line SVN2019_85 Abuja. Project Assistant (MM/AVRR).
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be