If you are a professional with over three years’ experience discover how you can make an impact with Shell. Explore career opportunities below.
Skillpool group: Commercial and Retail
Reference ID: 127809BR
The purpose of this position is to manage team of Country Territory Managers. District Managers must deliver volumetric and financial targets for his region, own at full its growth, drive it through data analysis, findings translated into actions as well as strong Non-Fuel Retailing (NFR) agenda. The ambition is to grow the Retail business, ensure growth in market share and bringing Site Equipment Essential
One position will be based in Durban and the other position will be based in Cape Town.
- Own the entire relationship with Retailers holding the entire accountability in respective region
- Ensure consistent delivery of Shell’s Customer Commitment across the region through operational excellence in site operational standards incl. HSSE and Shell Business Principles
- Manage, coach and develop team of Territory Managers
- Manage teams responsible for Retailer Support and rollout of new Non-Fuel Retail formats (Shop Squad, dotted lines) with specific targets
- Develop annual business plans for respective region
- Deliver volumetric and financial targets
- Analyze performance and bridge gaps between business requirements and site profitability
- Capture, analyze and interpret data, translate data into sustainable results, provide and implement initiatives for business improvements
- Monitor performance against KPIs, understand gaps and implement adjustments
- Report up on ongoing basis performance of the region
- Own and consistently deliver the Non Fuel Retail(NFR) strategy within the Company Owned network, ensuring readiness and flawless execution of Value Add NFR program
- Develop Retailer succession plans within the Territory ensuring Retailer pipeline is in place through active participation in recruitment and selection processes, and Retailer training, including transformation agenda
- Contribute to pricing strategy in the Country Owned channel
- Contribute to performing Demand Forecast for the Dealer Owned channel, in close cooperation with sales teams and Trading &Supply
- Cooperate with other departments (Marketing, Network, Shell Fleet Solutions, T&S) and Global Pricing Team in order to maximize fuels volume and margin opportunities
- Share and learn best pricing practices
- Manages one of the four territories in South Africa, territory of 80-100 Company Owned sites
- Manages 4 Territory Managers (solid line), Retailer Support (dotted line) and Shop Squad (dotted line)
- Manages business, operational and HSSE
- Manages the growth of various income streams on Retail sites: fuels, Non-Fuel Retailing (NFR), lubes, Quick Service Restaurants, co-locators
Apply for this opportunity
MORE IN PROFESSIONALS
Application process for professionals
Discover the vacancy that suits your experience and qualifications and apply online.
Why choose Shell?
Join a collaborative, pioneering team that is committed to helping develop the energy resources needed to power progress.
Manage your application