Ad Interim- Finance Coordinator
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Ad Interim Finance Coordinator
About the job
Under the supervision of Acting Head of Support Services (HoSS) the temporary surge support Finance Coordinator will ensure immediate technical finance support to DRC Nigeria. The requirement is due to the go-live activities related to DRC Dynamics ERP application that will create additional workload for the regular team. The post will support Acting HoSS by managing some aspects of donor reporting, audit requirements and normal operational activities.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
· Provide technical supervision to the Finance Team spread in between different geographical locations
· Support timely delivery of quality financial reports in accordance with the donor portfolio / rolling action plan
· Support thorough and effective budgetary control in the country programs
· Conduct required meetings with project managers to discuss key financial issues are identified and any remedial action that is required
· Support the development of proposals with regards to budgeting (if required – no upcoming proposals envisaged)
· Liaise with different internal and external stakeholders for finance matters at country, regional and HQ level
To be successful in this role we expect you to [quickly get hold of your environment, resources and interlocutors to tackle short term priorities ]. Moreover, we also expect the following:
· Minimum 5 years of international practical experience in a senior financial management position
· Working experience with relevant donors (e.g. UNHCR, ECHO, OFDA, WFP, DFID or BPRM guidelines)
· Advanced proficiency in Excel
· Proven experience in managing large budgets
· Competence in providing technical guidance and training
· Prior knowledge of an ERP type financial accounting application would be helpful (SAP, Oracle, Dynamics or equivalent)
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 1 month renewable
Designation of Duty Station: YOLA, Nigeria; Unacccompanied/Non-family Duty Station
Start date: ASAP
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
How to Apply
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: February, 11th, 2020
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.