Job # 110404
Job Title Resource Management Assistant
Job Family Resource Management
Location Abuja, Nigeria
Appointment Local Hire
Closing Date 04-Apr-2011
Language Requirements English [Essential]; French [Essential]
Background / General description
The World Bank, the leading multi-lateral institution in global economic development, is seeking applications for the position of a Resource Management Assistant (Accountant). This is a local position based in the Bank’s office in Abuja, Nigeria
The Resource Management Assistant will be a member of the World Bank’s Resource Management team recruited locally.
For day-to-day assignments and responsibilities, s/he will report to the World Bank Country Director and/or the Resource Management Officer
The technical affiliation for the Accounting Assistant is the Resource Management Family and s/he will be mapped to the Africa Region’s Resource Management Team (AFTRM). The Manager of AFTRM is responsible for technical and professional development and performance evaluation of the Accounting Assistant.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year renewable term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities
• The Accounting Assistant’s main responsibilities will include:
• Maintaining financial reporting and accounting systems for the country office.
• Monitoring independently operating expenses, budgets, and external funds (e.g. trust funds), and identifying issues for discussion with office management.
• Processing procurement, receivables, telephone payments, travel requests, consultant payments, etc. participating in the production of statutory and other financial reports.
• Maintaining internal controls by monitoring expense, revenue, and administrative transactions to ensure that Institutional and CFR guidelines are adhered to.
• Assisting with day-to-day human resource activities in the country office such as recruitment, salary and benefits administration, training activities, and professional development.
Academic Training and Experience: A relevant Associate degree (e.g. Finance, Accounting, Business, or Economics). Preference will be given to candidates with a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree. Minimum of 2 years experience in a relevant field (e.g. Administration, Accounting or Finance.) Preference will be given to candidates with 3 or more years of experience.
Technical Proficiency: Understanding and knowledge of business planning, work programming, budgeting and financial management. Proven strong conceptual, analytical and evaluative skills. Sound knowledge of information management and communications technology.
Communication and Team Skills: High level of personal and professional integrity. Strong supervisory skills and ability to function well in a multi-cultural environment. Results-oriented personality with proven problem-solving skills. Strong communication skills with ability to prepare present and discuss findings in written and oral form. Effective skills as an interlocutor in handling and facilitating client and inter-unit business relationships. Ability to function effectively in multi-disciplinary teams within a matrix management environment.
Note: Log in if you already have career account with world bank OR click on Create account to commence application