HP Recruits Account Support Manager-Nigeria/Ghana
ACCOUNT SUPPORT MANAGER-683407
• Apply deep and broad technical background and knowledge of industry trends to operate critical or high-risk technology areas/customer groups.
• Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create solutions for customers.
• Mentor/consult with team members, other organizations, customers, and vendors on the most complex issues.
• Resolve technical and business incidents independently. Mentor/assist less-experienced team members on complex incidents
• Provide expert consulting on a specific technology, application, service offering or market segment.
• Deliver strategic account support through proactively maintaining high-level technical, operational expertise and understanding of industry trends.
• Analyze the customer’s business, organization, and information systems needs.
• Develop and grow assigned customer account relationships with complex and strategic accounts.
• Act as trusted advisor in the consultant role for customer and HP sales teams.
• Anticipate, understand, and position the perception of system problems and deliver service needs at different management and functional levels.
• Lead Mission Critical delivery team in planning, delivering, and managing complex support Design, deliver, and manage delivery of industry specific solutions.
• Maintain high-level expertise in area of focus and stay abreast of future technology directions
• Create and deliver Value Based Delivery (VBD) plans for assigned accounts.
• Lead Customer Expectation management as part of escalation process.
• Consult with executive customer management to achieve Information Technology (IT) operations excellence.
• Contribute to tasks outside normal Mission Critical Support Specialist/Mission Critical account support or geographic (district or country) scope. Evaluate solutions and delivery effectiveness providing coaching and leadership impacting the Mission Critical account team. Negotiate within high-level Customer and HP management, to build and deliver plans at strategic levels. Accountable for maintaining executive level relationships with all Mission Critical customers Manages On site Mission Critical delivery teams at different strategic Mission Critical customer sites. Overall Project Manager responsibility for the successful delivery of support solutions. Provide coaching and development to Mission Critical Support Specialists, Mission Critical Account Support Consultant (ASC)s and entire Mission Critical account team. Scope and impact is associated with customer revenues, which can vary depending on geography. Typically in a large country like US, Typically supports customers in excess of $1 million in revenue.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree preferred or Associate degree holder (technical field) with 8+years working experience in related fields desired.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
In-depth knowledge of HP and industry standard networked computing environments, operating systems, and applications Broad knowledge of corporate policies, products, markets and processes, as well as an understanding of business management principles and practices. Thorough knowledge of all relevant HP services, competition, market trends, HP organization, third parties. State-of-the-art technical, functional or business knowledge. Expert in one or more industry or advanced specialty areas. Anticipate Customer needs, develop proposed solutions, and build consensus with customer key decision makers. Capable of consulting with Customers for process design, development and implementation. Thorough understanding of change management process and procedures. Expert skills in project management, analysis, communication, presentation, innovation and negotiation. Delivery expertise in at least two or more specific specialty skills. Eg. (Information Technology Information Library (ITIL), performance, Change management). Mission Critical and ITIL certifications. Certified in a strategic business direction (e.g. Storage Area Network (SAN), SAP, Open View, ITIL), certification tied to HP’s key business strategies with associated revenue.
a. HP Unix and HP Storage equipment
b. Microsoft and Networking
PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND OPERATIONS CAPABILITIES
a. Proven experience in managing Technical projects (end to end).
b. Proven experience in managing/coordinatimg a technical team in deploying a technical project
c. Proven experience in managing predetermined technical deliverables, managing scorecards and the cost vs resources of a project
Critical Competencies to Drive Business Results:
Actively builds deeper technical depth in area-of-expertise, and expands knowledge base through development of associated but unfamiliar areas
SERVICE OPPORTUNITY REVIEW
Understands HP’s installed base and the range of service contract coverage available, and applies this knowledge to advance and expand opportunities
CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE MANAGEMENT (REMOTE)
Interfaces effectively with customers and internal resources to promote trusted advisor status of HP within accounts and facilitate uniform account support
Acts quickly to resolve customer issues in a way that retains trust and maintains delight with HP
CUSTOMER TECHNICAL INFORMATION SHARING
Builds trust & confidence in HP’s technical consultative capabilities through education & assistance
SERVICES SUPPORT POLICIES & PROCEDURES
Applies understanding of HP service organization and functions to support internal and external customer requests
HPS/BU BUSINESS CONTEXT
Understands the market segments sold into, the business challenges addressed by HP Services (HPS)/Business Unit (BU) solutions, and HP’s strategy for market penetration
Understands HPS/BU solutions in area-of-responsibility- what they consist of, product roadmaps, key technology concepts, and the competitive landscape in which they are sold
HPS SOLUTION INTERFACES
Understands how services in area-of-responsibility fit within or interface with the sales of other solutions – HPS, other Global/General Business Unit (GBU)s, or HP’s partner strategies
Understands the strategy and customer requirements involved in deploying software solutions
Develops methods for supporting innovation and change across the organization
Approaches problems in a rational manner using sound strategies that ensure comprehensive understanding and effective resolution
JOB – Services
PRIMARY LOCATION – Nigeria-Lagos
OTHER LOCATIONS – Ghana-Accra
SCHEDULE – Full-time
JOB TYPE – Experienced
SHIFT – day job
TRAVEL – Yes, 25% of the time
How to Apply
Click link below
Insert “Job Number” and click search
HP Recruits Account Support Manager-Nigeria/Ghana