The institution is a rapidly growing international Savings & Loans Company with over 12 Branches in Ghana.
- Perform a daily review of the situation of all existing or upcoming loans in event of default.
- To prioritise recovery actions based on risk assessment; subsequently, to build a recovery schedule and to monitor by self that it is executed.
- To implement recovery actions including assets seizures, in full respect of the recovery procedures
- To document in detail the recovery actions taken and their actual results and to ensure a close monitoring of all commitments made by defaulting customers.
- Take concerted decisions with BMs on which clients and guarantors to seize assets – decisions based on different criteria.
- Manage the relationship with valuers, auctioneers, courts officials, lawyers and ensure Advans Ghana obtains the returns it deserves.
- Produce, in collaboration with his/her supervisor a recovery plan, detailing the actions to be taken for each defaulting client.
- Coordinating with pursuit of legal actions with the legal department.
- Produce a weekly status report of loans in arrears, successful collections and actions taken.
- Monitor numerous debt recovery reports and delinquency analysis and take remedial action in collaboration with his/her superior.
- Contribute to establishing and implementing procedures, standards, targets and new initiatives.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of HND in the area of interest: Management/Accounting/Finance/Banking/Economics/Business
- 3 – 5 years working experience within the micro/small/SME financial industry
How To Apply
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible working experience in a similar position in a financial institution.
- Must be willing to occasionally work outside Accra.
- Knowledge of Ghanaian legal system.
- Aptitude to work under pressure.
- Ability to deal with difficult customers and complex issues.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written in order to deal with a wide range of customers.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and meet performance targets whilst maintaining accuracy.
- Ability to take initiatives and contribute towards adapting and changing of procedures and strategies to meet changing circumstances.
- Good Organisational skills.
- Autonomy to make daily decisions regarding negotiating effective recovery of debts whilst ensuring policies and procedures are met.
- Ability to manage a team of recovery officers.