Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies. It consists of the businesses of Upstream Americas, Upstream International, Downstream, and Projects & Technology. With approximately 87,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories, Shell is helping to meet the world’s growing demand for energy in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways.
- Proactively develop existing customer relationships.
- Identify, qualify, negotiate and win new business across various sectors (ie. Car Dealer (FWS) and Fast Fit) .
- Strengthen brands and increase market share in sales territory.
- Provide high level support to key accounts through implementation of national and local marketing campaigns and by closing opportunities where we have right-to-hunt relationships.
- Support local distributors in prospecting and growing their business.
- Network and negotiate with large MOGs both private entities and publicly traded organizations.
- Able to competently analyze P+L statements and provide a consultative service to accounts.
- Fill pipeline with qualifying accounts, identify these accounts through research, networking and business resources.
- Develop strong and mutually beneficial relationships with our distributor network, working alongside distributor reps, assisting them with complex negotiations and provide training where necessary.
- Exceed team and individual KPIs as set by the leadership team. Be proactive in building an action plan and prioritizing time and activities to deliver against financial targets.
- Plan customer calls and visits to provide the appropriate level of service to existing and new customers with a focus on retaining/expanding existing business relationships and acquiring new business relationships.
- Increase the value for existing Shell customers through cross and right-selling.
- Understand the business activities and needs of customers. Provide sound information and advice on products and services, and negotiate solutions that bring value to customers and grow market share and profit for Shell.
- Develop, update, maintain, and communicate the Account Plan.
- Effectively use customer relationship management software.
Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience of field sales and selling brand value.
- Previous territory sales experience with P+L accountability responsibility across given territory
- Demonstrated ability to grow sales as measured by period-over-period increases in one or more of the following key performance indicators: Sales volume, Market share, Indirect channel efficiency, Overall profitability, Per unit profit.
- Previous experience successfully overseeing credit performance
- Previous experience setting pricing strategies to maximize profitability
- Previous experience developing and negotiating multi-year sales agreements
- Previous experience negotiating contract renewals
- Previous experience managing brand messages, marketing and sales strategies and monitoring performance against those initiatives
- Previous experience working with large complex MOGs and dealing with high-level buyers and complex negotiations
- Knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM system