The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) invites applications for the internationally recruited position of Head, Hospitality and Travel Services.
IITA is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. Please visit http://www.iita.org/ for more information on IITA.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s Headquarters, Ibadan.
Job Title: Nursing Officer
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Check vital signs (Temperature, Pulse respiration and blood pressure etc.);
- Carryout wound dressing on routine and emergency basis;
- Carryout health education to all categories of staff;
- Conduct eye lavage, Ear Syringing and giving of injections;
- Assist in setting up of intravenous infusion as the needs arises;
- Assist in conducting Immunization of mothers and babies;
- Carryout simple eye testing using snellen’s chart
- Carryout clinical consultation when the needs arise (especially after normal hours);
- Carryout drainage of abscesses and suturing of some lacerated wounds;
- Register patients attendance every day;
- Assist in the management of very ill patients;
- Assist in updating yellow cards to those who are travelling outside the country;
- Assist in the collection of vaccines from Jericho Health office occasionally;
- Carry out washing, autoclaving and storage of instruments used in nursing care;
- Carryout management of some clinical cases;
- Replenish the clinic emergency box and resuscitation trolley as needs arises;
- Carryout costing and billing for drugs and other services
- Perform any other duties as may be necessitated by the absence of any other member of the health team;
Min Required Experience:
Registered Nurse Certificate and Midwife Certificate with 5 years’ experience in at least three of the following healthcare area:
- Accident and emergency;
- Out and in patient medical care;
- Family planning
- Maternal child health
The ideal candidate must have:
- Good Communication skill;
- Good customer service skill
- Excellent computer literacy
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website: http://www.iita.org/careers no later than Two Weeks from the date of this publication. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.