The value proposition of a Prompt Sales Representative is to provide BATSA with a competitive advantage at the Customer face when an order is placed, ensuring that our portfolio of brands is available in the right place, in the right quantities, at the right time.
In owning the transactional relationship with the Customer, the Prompt Sales Representative can ensure that BATSA offers an Unrivalled Sales Experience to all DSS Customers and establish BATSA as the Benchmark Supplier within the FMCG industry by consistently meeting (and exceeding) Customer expectations.
The Sales and Distribution Representative acts as the human interface of our brands, also gives BATSA the flexibility to deploy creative service offerings and deliver differentiated Customer and Consumer experiences in an effective way (that is not possible through a 3rd party).
The Prompt Sales Representative role has the benefit of a company pool car which is available during working hours only. The car will have to be collected at the relevant area depot each morning and returned at the end of the business day.
Service outlets according to the 9 steps of a distribution call to ensure that agreed objectives are met and that the Company is projected as a professional/best practice company.
• Full responsibility for the Customer Order Management process at all outlets in Territory (incl Order Taking; managing Customer Credit Limit & Stock quantity limitations, Double Orders, Future Dated Orders & Special Orders).
• Full responsibility of the Customer Delivery Management process at all outlets in Territory (incl Managing Customer product returns; Managing issues with delivery process with DHL;
• Full responsibility of the Customer Invoice, Payment & Debt Management where applicable during Prompt/Top Up sales scenario with cash sales.
• Full responsibility for the following aspects within the Customer Business Development process, ie Customer Relationship management, New Brand introductions, Model Stock management and Brand Story Communication Activities.
1. Personal Excellence
• Leads by setting a personal example of self and others to raise the standards and deliver stretching results.
• Portrays BATSA as a professional organisation that is a cut above other FMCG organisations that the retailer does business with.
• Portrays our Premium Brands as premium all the time and every time.
2. Teamwork and Team Building
• Ensure an environment that fosters teamwork and team building in order to achieve department goals and sales objectives.
3. Personal Growth and Development
• Development is in line with IDP’s to prepare individuals for current and future roles.
• Responsible for own development and technical skill growth in anticipation of organisational requirements.
1. Resource Management
• Manage all assigned resources and funds in a secure and efficient manner in order to maximise the use of organisational assets (Car, Stock Materials, Products Cell Phone, Laptop and Cash – where applicable).
• Plan daily route visits based on assigned visit activities and objectives, in line with agreed customer expected visit times.
• Ensure preparation done in line with the objectives to obtain the correct materials and stock to perform activities and relevant tasks.
• Ensure routes are fully covered every day OR that the FTE process is effectively enabled to ensure a smooth transition of visits to another trade approach (ensure business continuity).
• Report on daily activities and trade/competitor information to enable the Company to respond to trends and opportunities.
• Maintain and update dynamic (opening and closing of outlets) database and all relevant customer information.
• Regular balancing of van boot stock, Inventory location account and financial account.
• Effective co-ordination of activities with other trade approaches and 3rd parties to ensure that the Customers’ service experience is exceeded (eg Accounts Receivable, DHL, etc).
1. Working Relationships internal in BATSA
• Build strong relationships with Trade Approaches operating in the same outlet (eg Retail Ambassadors, Call Centre & Relief Reps).
• Build strong relationships across teams and functions to ensure a close working relationship and an intimate understanding of each function’s objectives and role (eg Accounts Receivable, DHL, Depots etc).
2. Working Relationships with Customers
• Achieve a mutual supportive and beneficial working relationship with the trade by giving assistance and support through regular communication and prompt handling of problems and requests.
• Striving for Continuous Business Improvement by constantly evaluating Business Processes and identify how further value could be added, either through changes to the Business Process or through proposing changes to the Technology supporting it.
• Propose new ways of creating relevant Consumer Experiences by identifying opportunities in retail to excite the Consumer and Customers alike.
Essential requirements Matric certificate (Grade 12).
• Tertiary qualification (preferably in Marketing).
• Previous experience as a sales representative within a FMCG environment.
• Valid Code 08 Driver’s licence.
Willingness to travel and support other Teams within Region
Desirable requirements Selling and Negotiation.
• Business Financial Understanding (Trade Margin’s/Mark Up’s, Profit and Loss Calculations).
• Effective Relationship Building skills.
• Category Understanding.
• Inventory and Stock Management.
• Safe and competent driver (subject to driver’s assessment)
Established people leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Ability to manage self
• Well-developed negotiation and sales skills
• The use of FENER
• The individual must be able to manage both internal and external working relationships
• The individual must have a proven track record in developing business relationships with strategic business partners
Working at BAT British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
Employing company British American Tobacco South Africa
Application Deadline Date 15-Dec-2016