Christian Aid is working with its partners in Bangladesh to achieve its goal of ending poverty. We are committed to expose scandal of poverty and to help in practical ways through our program, partnerships, campaign and advocacy to root it out from the world. We work with our partners to challenge and change in system that favors the rich and powerful over the poor and marginalized. We are implementing programs to build civil society movement to make government and other institution accountable to communities, to ensure resilient and thriving livelihoods for marginalized communities to face disaster more effectively, by transforming unjust and unsustainable economic policies and practices, and working towards creating a more inclusive world by reducing structural and gender based inequality.
About the role
The Project Officer- Monitoring and Knowledge Management will be responsible for overall development and monitoring of different programs of CA Bangladesh. S/he will be responsible for Christian Aid knowledge management plan following a defined knowledge management framework. S/he will closely work with programme team and partners in documenting program successes and processes to guide implementation of the interventions at scale. The post holder will also contribute towards the smooth administration of the programme including fund disbursement, effective communication, and capacity building for the partner.
The role will work within the International Programmes role family positioned within Project Officer-Monitoring. The role is a key in providing the core team a structured knowledge management system and work with the programme team to ensure partnerships and programmes are managed effectively. The post holder will provide important critical inputs for development and implementation of strategic branding of CA work. The role will work within the country office and regular communication is required with the partner and regional office.
Ideal candidates should be educated to a minimum Master’s degree in Administration, Information Management, Project Management, Engineering, Finance, Communications , Social Science or any related field. Substantial knowledge of supporting programmes and programme staff in international and national agencies will be required for this position.
- Ideal candidates should be educated to a minimum Master’s degree in Administration, Information Management, Project Management, Engineering, Finance, Communications , Social Science or any related field.
- 1 to 3 years of Monitoring and Evaluation experience (essential)
- Capacity to produce high-quality briefs and reports in both Bangla and English. Skills
- Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis
- Ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations
- Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others
- Strong interpersonal skills
- 2-4 years’ experience in communications, research or public relations and knowledge management will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of development issues and current affairs in the region – social exclusion and poverty
- Experience of conceptualizing and designing communication strategies
- Experience in working with government non-government partners and ability to work in complex environments with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Experience in a non-governmental organization (desirable)
- Relevant experience in managing of institutional donor funded programs (EC/ DFID etc)
- Ability to maintain internal software.
You will require current and valid permission and right to work in the country where this position is based.
We value the contribution each person makes to the success of our organization, so you can expect a range of rewards and benefits that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
Christian Aid values diversity and aspires to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
As part of the application you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions. Using the guidance notes may help you formulate your answers
Tell us about a time when you had to develop working relationships with different individuals or other organisations to further your own organisation’s goals
Innovation and creativity
Please tell us about a time when you adapted or amended your original decision because it did not produce the expected or desired result?
Effectiveness and accountability
Tell us about a time when you evaluated both the benefits and risks to your team, department or organization of implementing a new idea or way of working and paid particular attention to ways of reducing risk. Also please ensure how you have ensured the accountability within the team.
For queries related to the role and online applications please contact us on: [email protected]