The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Port Harcourt Sub Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below.
First Aid Field Officer
- Ensures that casualties during emergencies receive a timely, impartial and effective immediate assistance by responders acting in security, guided by basic humanitarian values and principles, and part of an effective emergency response system adapted to needs and local realities
- Facilitate the implementation of the ICRC/NRCS First Aid program in Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa, Enugu and Anambra states in line with the developed frame including financial and security stipulations
- Contribute to the identification of the beneficiaries and the values ICRC can add to improve the emergency response from the scenes of the emergency till the referral further care
- Implement, monitor and evaluate references and activities according to objectives, plans of actions and resources available
- Actively participates in the planning and overall implementation of the First Aid activities including the monitoring and follow-up.
- Provides written reports with recommendations following all First Aid training programs.
- Strong knowledge in First Aid or health degree
- 3-4 years professional experience in similar field activity
- Ability to create a focused learning environment at all levels and to adapt teaching to different audiences
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Good computer skills, good command of standard software and knowledge of internet search
- Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Solid communication skills as the position involves teaching First Aid skills to different audiences as well as communication with community members and leaders, National Society members and other stakeholders.
- Solution and objective oriented, organized, methodical and flexible personality, ability to work independently and within a team, very good analytical skills
- Ability to travel in all parts of the country
- Ability to work under pressure and in a hazardous environment
- Good analytical skills
- Capacity to apply ICRC rules and procedures
How To Apply:
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to
Please clearly indicate “First Aid Field Officer PoH” as the subject of your application
(Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 09.08.2017, 16:30 h. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org