Our client, a leading fertilizer and agro-allied company in Africa, desires to fill the role of Procurement and Contracts Manager. The desired candidate must be a result-oriented individual, highly professional with a high level of integrity and a proven record in procurement and contracts management.
Location: Rivers State
The Procurement and Contracts Manager, reporting to the Head of Supply Chain, has the following responsibilities:
• lead the Group’s procurement activity by establishing and implementing the strategy and effectively managing a team to deliver against agreed strategic and operational targets;
• establish, manage and continue improvement of ISO QMS processes in Procurement & Contracts Unit;
• evaluate benefits, risks, and strategic business impact of procurement for better decision making;
• develop and track appropriate Procurement performance management metrics and reporting;
• ensure alignment of strategy with Global business objectives, and across all the Group’s businesses;
• work closely with business divisions to help shape their longer term business plans e.g. through market insights. Ensure high level of involvement and input in strategic and business critical projects;
• oversee the category management and sourcing activity for all direct and indirect spend areas;
• maintain an active pipeline of projects that are delivered efficiently and with maximum benefit to the business;
• drive maximum value (cost vs quality and timeliness) in all procurement activities, including achievement of annual savings targets;
• minimise risk to the business e.g. through management of strategic suppliers;
• develop procurement and supplier management competencies in team and across the business to develop a culture of risk management and continuous improvement, highlighting the benefits of best practice and the potential risks of not managing this area;
• ensure compliance with all the Group’s policies and procedures;
• establish, manage and continually improve the mechanisms by which contract management is undertaken, in order to assure appropriate consistency across the business; and
• Co-ordinate and monitor the activities of contracting and supplies leading to the award and supplies of goods and services as required by the organization.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should forward their application with subject: Procurement and Contracts Manager to ( [email protected] )
Deadline: Closing date is 4th September 2017.