International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Communications Field Officer
Locations: Mubi-Adamawa and Biu-Borno
- Maintains regular contacts with local authorities, civil society and academic circles and assures follow-up of
- ICRC’s communications activities with these. audiences, mainly independently;
- Contributes to the daily monitoring / analysis of relevant media both in English and Hausa;
- Presents events of ICRC’s interests at weekly meetings;
- Collects information on the situation in the field
- Maintains contacts with local media;
- Manages the stock of communications material in the office;
- Delivers presentations on ICRC mandate/activities and basics of international humanitarian law and humanitarian principles;
- Plans, organizes and participates in dissemination and networking activities (trainings, seminars, meetings) as requested;
- Maintains regular contacts with the relevant counterpart(s) of the Nigerian Red Cross Society Mubi Branch and supports the implementation of its communications activities.
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
Other Required Qualifications
- University degree in communication, journalism or any related fields;
- A minimum of a two-year work experience in a similar field;
- Very good written and spoken English and Hausa, knowledge of other local languages an asset;
- Good understanding of the socio-political, cultural, religious, ethnic and geographic environment in the area of responsibility;
- Very good communication and presentation skills;
- Very good computer and internet skills;
- Understanding of the social media
- Capacity to analyze and summarize the socio-political environment in the area of responsibility;
- Ability to interact and efficiently communicate with a variety of interlocutors;
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to deliver quality results within the given time-frame;
- Strong team spirit and sense of responsibility;
- Willingness to follow ICRC rules and regulations and treat confidential information;
- Availability to travel frequently to the field.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified should send application letter, Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Please clearly indicate the job title and location as the subject of your application
Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated
Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The ICRC does NOTrequest for any payment from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. It has been working in Nigeria since 1988.
Application Deadline 17th November, 2017.