World Vision is a humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Resource Development and Donor Relations Manager, you will provide leadership in the acquisition of new non-sponsorship projects (grants, corporate funds, and major donor funds) so that World Vision Ethiopia can increase its contributions to child well-being through increased revenue in its key priority sectors. You will lead in the implementation of the WV Ethiopia Grants Acquisition Management (GAM) Business Plan and Strategy, ensuring resource diversification, strengthened donor networking and resource acquisition capabilities for World Vision Ethiopia. Working closely with technical specialists in each sector, you will be responsible for the implementation and coordination of grant acquisition processes, leading in proposal development and donor liaison and will track grants acquisition performance metrics. You will build the capacity of other staff in resource acquisition, and provide backstopping support to projects as needed.
- At least 5 years of experience with relief and development programmes. Experience in a developing country is a strong advantage.
- Proven track record of successful grant acquisition from institutional or government donors such as USAID, the Global Fund, DFID, GAC, DFAT, the World Bank and others.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and edit high quality reports for these types of major donors.
- Experience in proposal writing and demonstrated win rate/grants awards
- Proven experience in community development work with a thorough understanding of sustainable development and sectoral interventions.
- Strong computer skills, data capture and basic data analysis.
- Proven experience in staff capacity building, coaching and mentoring is added advantage
- Written and oral fluency in English is a requirement.
- Approximately 20% domestic and international travel is required.
How to apply:
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 22 Nov 2017. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.