Currently we are recruiting for the position of
Senior Manager, Information Management
• To establish information management architecture and systems to meet the reporting needs for all the MTN business units and through the creation of a single Enterprise Data Warehouse application system.
• To provide overall direction in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of a large-scale Data Warehouse, Business Analytics and business Intelligence solutions to meet MTN’s strategic Information management and decision supporting systems.
• To deliver a wide range of reporting requests on a regular basis, within defined SLAs to the expected level of accuracy and quality.
• To ensure delivery of required information from the Data Warehouse, using wide range of available tools, to requests as and when required.
• Engage and manage supporting vendors effectively to achieve optimal service and value.
• Regular engagement with key stakeholders across the organization to ensure continued understanding and reporting evolution to support the evolving business needs.
• Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing the Division’s processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
• Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation etc), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
• Participate in Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy
• Provide the daily, weekly and monthly reporting accurately and timely for effective revenue reporting
• Serve MTNN’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
• Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score
• Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
• Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
• Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
• Partner with MTNN’s Ecosystem Partners to deliver business value.
• Collaborate with other business units in the development of business models for use in MTNN and develop measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization.
• Oversee the design, development, and implementation of efficient and effective Information Management solutions to complex business requirements in a global environment
• Define and develop enterprise data warehouse applications based on business, technical and system strategies
• Develop solutions to support business, technical and system strategy
• Develop processes and procedures to manage the environment
• Participate in the selection & selection of suitable technologies
• Manage contracts with suppliers/vendors
• Ensure that operational delivery of system outputs are met
• Develop projects in line with SDLC process
• Ensure availability and reliability of systems
• Develop Information Systems Business Continuity solutions
• Participate actively in various Information Systems projects, e.g.:
• Collateral projects
• Information Systems disaster recovery project
• Develop strategy and implementation for enterprise analytics
• Strategize on business intelligence needs & solutions for the Enterprise
• Develop risk and business management processes within Business Intelligence Platforms
• Recruit appropriate staff and Manage vendor relationships
• Define, execute and monitor the Business Intelligence operational procedures
• Oversee the expansion of Business Intelligence Platforms to include future business requirements
• Improve process & monitor compliance to SLAs and KPIs in the following areas:
o IS support processes
o Systems integration
o Project management
o Business Analysis
o Application construction
o Application architecture
• Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
• Coach and train team members to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
• Identify training and development needs and manage skills enhancement programs for the IS Information Management team to address knowledge gaps and enrich knowledge repository within the department.
• Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
job condition Standard Working Condition
Experience & Training Education:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or any other related discipline.
• An IT related Professional qualification will be an added advantage
10 years’ relevant IT experience of which:
• Manager track record of 5 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
• Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
o Experience of Big Data concepts and related Technologies
• 5 years’ experience in
o development and delivery of large Data Warehouses (using ETL tools, Business Intelligence product Suite)
o Relational database
o Major systems project with customized applications
• 3 years hands-on technical project leadership in the following:
o Managing teams of 3-8 developers
o Managerial capacity
• Knowledge of Conceptual Data Warehouse / Data Mart
• Exposure to typical Mobile Telecommunications applications
• Knowledge of service management principles.
• Implementation and ongoing support of large data warehouses
• Operating systems:
o Unix – Sun Solaris and True64, MS W2000, Linux
• Application development and Maintenance functions:
o PL/SQL and standard SQL
o MIS/EIS/EDW/ BI development tools
o Reporting Infrastructure – Data modeling
o ETL tools
o ODS construction and reporting
o Metadata tools
o User access tools – Business Object preferred
o EDW data modeling experience: star schemas, relational modeling, snowflake models and translating logical data models into physical data marts
Minimum qualification BEng, BSc, BTech or HND