III. Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks (Please outline the key accountabilities for this position and underneath each accountability, the duties that describe how they are delivered. Please limit to four to seven accountabilities)
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Carries out the loading and un-loading of trucks and containers.
- Carries out the receiving and put-away of shipments into the warehouse including quality control of packaging and palletization, error reporting, and rework of incoming shipments.
- Supports the picking operations on Prepick and Depall with a view to procedures in place to ensure high quality of packing.
- Supports the packing operations on Long Lines, MiniLoad and Short Lines with a view to procedures in place to ensure high quality of packing.
- Supports the loading process with a view to procedures in place to ensure high quality.
- Performs general warehouse maintenance including cleaning of the warehouse and warehouse equipment.
- Participates in the annual physical inventory count.
- Assist in the establishment and management of new warehouses to support CO/RO activities
- Supervision of temporary laborers at SD warehouse and during emergency deployments
- Performs any other duties as requested by the Supervisors.
IV. Impact of Results (Please briefly outline how the efficiency and efficacy of the incumbent impacts its office/division and how this in turn improves UNICEFâ€™s capacity in achieving its goals)
The incumbent is a critical part of the CO Supply and Logistic team which ensures timely, accurate and efficient response to UNICEF Country programmes as well as emergency support.
V. Competencies and level of proficiency required (please base on UNICEF Competency Profiles)
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication (level 1I)
- Drive for results (level 1)
- Working with people (level 1)
- Following instructions and procedures (level 1)
- Applying Technical Expertise, (1)
- Planning and Organizing, (1)
- Forklift certificate
- Basic computer skills (SAP and WMS). Microsoft Excel recommendable.
- Understanding of GDP procedures.
- Good team player
- Flexible and open-minded
- Respect for multi-cultural work environment
- Capable of working under stress
- Have a drive for results
- Good at taking initiative
VI. Recruitment Qualifications
Completion of secondary education and supplemented by warehouse and logistics training.
4 years of professional experience from a similar operation.
Fluency in English. Knowledge of other UN languages.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=510989