Job Code: 10.3.01 – Deadline: 26 April 2019
The IT Services Section is responsible for ensuring availability and optimal performance of the computer network facilities, particularly the e-mail, internet and printing systems, including hardware and software planning and replacement as well as printing and the telecommunication system for the entire Secretariat.
Objective of Position:
To coordinate and supervise the activities of the IT Services Section to maintain a solid and reliable computer network infrastructure; to specify hardware and software requirements; to analyze available options and make appropriate recommendations to the Head, AITSD; and to evaluate user needs and provide support as required.
- Ensures availability and optimal performance of the computer network facilities, particularly the e-mail, internet and printing systems, telecommunication and printing equipment as well as hardware and software planning and replacement.
- Coordinates and administers the work of the IT Services Section to ensure that staff meets their work targets; carries out server-side and client-side hardware/software installations.
- Draws up a sound fault-tolerant, data backup and disaster recovery strategy, implements and regularly revises same.
- Analyzes and evaluates offers for technological requirements and makes recommendations to management.
- Supervises helpdesk activities in order to ensure that users benefit from a high level of support service; joins in providing helpdesk support when specialized knowledge is required or when there is a backlog of unresolved support calls.
- Monitors network activities and conducts security checks, in conjunction with the system administrators, in order to guard against network intrusion.
- Investigates and evaluates new IT paradigms; determines the feasibility and potential benefits of new or emerging technology for OPEC’s work.
- Carries out any other tasks assigned by the relevant superiors as pertain to his/her background, qualifications and position.
Required Competencies and Qualifications:
- University degree in in Computer Science or related field.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- University degree: 10 years in IT, whereof 2 years in supervisory/coordinating position.
- Advanced degree: 8 years.
- Microsoft Operating Systems
- Exchange e-mail server
- Firewall management
- PC and Network Troubleshooting
- User support skills
- Managerial & leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Team-building skills
- Initiative and integrity
Status and Benefits:
Members of the Secretariat are international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international. In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence and impartiality.
The post is at grade D reporting to the Head of Administration & IT Services Department. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
Applicants must be nationals of Member Countries of OPEC and should not be older than 58 years.
Applicants are requested to fill in an application form which can be downloaded from the OPEC website.
In order for applications to be considered, they must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governor not later than 26 April 2019.