Paystack helps businesses in Africa get paid by anyone, from anywhere in the world. Over 30,000 businesses of all sizes use our modern payments platform to collect and disburse payments, including MTN, Bolt (Taxify), Smile Communications, GIGM, AXA Mansard Insurance, and many others.
Within a little over 3 years, our close-knit team has introduced a steady cadence of innovations, such as automated recurring payments, automated chargebacks, and much more. We process over 25% of all online payments in Nigeria, and our investors include Visa, Stripe, and Tencent.
At Paystack, we believe that we will win by recruiting talented people and giving them the space, resources, and support to do the best work of their lives. We hire the most capable people, treat them with genuine respect, and give them the means to succeed. And we’d love your help!
About the Finance Analyst Role
As the Finance Analyst at Paystack, you’ll be responsible for daily reconciliation of transactions processed on Paystack, managing merchant receivables, and validation of bank statements and balances.
Other responsibilities include monthly accounting entries for P&L, balance sheet, and cash flows. You should be well versed in reading and understanding financial statements. You’ll also be responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in alignment with all financial policies and compliance requirements.
We’ve pioneered a new era of simple, powerful technology tools for businesses in Africa, and as we prepare for a period of accelerated growth, we’re looking to you – as our second ever finance hire – to help build a solid foundation upon which we can support some of the continent’s best-performing businesses.
And you’ll do all this while working extremely closely with a tight-knit team of creative problem solvers who’ll value you, give you the opportunity to meet high expectations, and who’ll actively create a supportive, nurturing space within which to accelerate your career.
This is a full-time role is based in Paystack’s headquarters in Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria and you’ll report directly to the Finance Lead.
What You’ll Be Doing
As the Finance Analyst at Paystack, you will:
– Oversee cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting and balance sheet management.
– Ensure that policies and procedures(internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
– Ensure that company financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies.
– Review monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure compliance.
– Establish accounting operational strategies by working with engineering team, identifying requirement gaps, automating processes, and implementing updates to internal tools.
– Coordinate work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records.
– Monitor and reconcile receivables accounts
– Monitor all outstanding balances and engage processors for collections
What it takes to succeed at this role
– have accounting experience within a multinational business
– are highly proficient in MS Excel
– have fantastic written and spoken communication skills
– are able to work collaboratively across departmental functions
– have strong knowledge of internal controls and financial reporting
– have the appetite to jump headfirst into a fast-moving, fast-growing, mission-driven team that values creativity and output over effort
While this is NOT strictly required, it would be a plus if you:
– have previous experience in the banking, payments, or credit card industry
– have experience with Sage One or Xero Accounting
– have experience with SQL
11:59 PM on 30th May, 2019