The purpose of the Nigeria Monitoring Project (NMP) is to establish a third-party monitoring system to monitor, verify, and analyze trends on humanitarian programs in Nigeria funded by USAID’s Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA) and the Office of Food for Peace (FFP). The program will create an independent and verifiable monitoring mechanism for OFDA and FFP programs in Nigeria that will increase OFDA, FFP, and their partners’ understanding of the outputs, outcomes, processes, progress, quality, challenges, achievements, and lessons learned of their projects. The information and findings will be critical in ensuring program learning, program accountability, and beneficiary accountability, which will be useful for real-time programmatic adjustments and future program design.
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Chief of Party and Data Management Specialist, the Information Technology (IT) Specialist will be responsible for providing critical support to the configuration and rollout of the project’s mobile data collection and reporting system. Responsibilities may include system configuration, form design, testing, and user training. The IT Specialist will work closely with Tetra Tech/MSI’s home-office software developers and Data Analyst and Visualization Specialist.
This position will be based full-time in the NMP Office in Abuja, Nigeria, with occasional travel to Maiduguri.
**** Please note: Only Nigerian citizens are eligible for this position **
- Assist project staff members with data collection system set up, design, and configuration
- Train key project staff members on data collection system field administration
- Consult project staff members on form design and structure
- Review and optimize data collection forms for structure, logic, and functionality
- Troubleshoot remote monitoring issues including smartphone/tablet, connectivity, and sync issues
- Create, maintain, and improve data visualizations using common business intelligence tools
- Support ad-hoc TPM related request in support of project and TPM goals
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Deputy Chief of Party and the Data Management Specialist
- Minimum three (3) years demonstrable work experience serving in a technology-related role for M&E or Third-Party Monitoring data collection efforts
- Experience with remote data collection platforms (ODK, Fulcrum, etc) and communication technologies, including troubleshooting
- Experience in preparing training materials for field and office-based staff in languages common to Northeast Nigerian States and in English
- Experience with popular business intelligence tools such as Metabase, Tableau, QlikSense, or Jasper
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases strongly preferred
- A university degree from a recognized higher education institution in Management Information Systems, Geographic Information Systems, Computer Systems, or a related field
The candidate will have strong organizational skills, ability to interact effectively with international and national staff, vendors, subcontractors, and clients. He/she will possess strong English language verbal and written communication and translation skills and will be a solid team player. He/she will possess a demonstrated ability to multi-task, be a strategic thinker and operate with a genuine dedication to program support.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.