Product Operations Associate
Paystack helps businesses in Africa get paid by anyone, from anywhere in the world. Over 30,000 businesses of all sizes use our modern payments platform to collect and disburse payments, including MTN, Bolt (Taxify), Smile Communications, GIGM, AXA Mansard Insurance, and many others.
Within a little over 3 years, our close-knit team has introduced a steady cadence of innovations, such as automated recurring payments, automated chargebacks, and much more. We process over 25% of all online payments in Nigeria, and our investors include Visa, Stripe, and Tencent.
At Paystack, we believe that we will win by recruiting talented people and giving them the space, resources, and support to do the best work of their lives. We hire the most capable people, treat them with genuine respect, and give them the means to succeed. And we’d love your help!
About the Product Operations Associate role
As a Product Operations Associate at Paystack, you’ll help operate and monitor the critical backend processes that allows Paystack to deliver an industry-leading payments experience to merchants and customers.
This is a full time role and is based in Paystack’s headquarters in Ikeja, Lagos. We are looking for young, smart, eager individuals who are interested in working at a high-growth and fast-paced environment.
What you’ll be doing
– Daily management of our fraud and risk operations on behalf of our merchants and acquirers across the continent
– Provide email and phone support to acquirers and merchants for any fraud and risk related issues
– Serve as first point of contact for other internal teams within the company around fraud and risk operations
– Proactively spot glitches or bugs observed with Paystack’s internal fraud and risk management tools and work with relevant product teams to ensure they are resolved as quickly as possible
– Analyze, regularly compile and share insights and trends gleaned during the fraud and risk management process
– Work with the Product Operations team to suggest ways to improve our internal fraud and risk management tools
– What it takes to succeed at this role
– Keen to learn and get involved in the wider business processes
– Process-driven – You understand processes intuitively, are highly organised, and are constantly on the lookout to improve the way you work.
– Collaborative – You seek first to understand and then to be understood. You communicate your actions and intentions clearly – verbally as well as in a written form.
– Proactive – You have a proactive attitude towards problems. You pay attention to details and think about the implications of what you are doing
– Compelling and persuasive when you find a solution you believe in. Able to work across teams without direct authority and win the day with numbers, letters, and passion
– Comfortable with ambiguity, a rapidly changing environment and work product feedback cycles that range from one day to several years depending on the day of the week
– Driven to innovate, rather than being limited by what is there or has already been done before
– You have a professional, helpful, and friendly attitude coupled and are able to listen, teach, and elicit information efficiently
– A strong problem solver with an interest in resolving customer issues, enjoy working in a metrics-driven organisation, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills
– An individual with exceptional organisational skills with a high level of accuracy
– An individual with excellent data analysis skills and strong time management skills required to meet the internal and external deadlines/ cutoffs
While this is NOT strictly required, it would be a plus if you:
– have previously worked at fast growing internet startups
– have previously worked on Fintech or payment products
11:59 PM – 30th May 2019