ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises work with people living in poverty and exclusion; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and Governments with the aim of achieving structural changes to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in the Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America.
ActionAid Nigeria is inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill the Head of Finance position within the organisation:
Head of Finance – Abuja
The position holder will be a member of ActionAid Nigeria (AAN) Country Management Team (CMT) and be responsible for day to day effective and efficient operation of AAN Finance directorate. S/he will also provide Management with relevant financial information to assist in the smooth running of the organisation.
- First degree in Accounting/or Finance Is essential
- Masters’ degree in relevant field Is essential
- Nationally recognised Professional Accounting Qualification Is essential
- A minimum of 10 years post NYSC experience, of which 6 years’ post professional qualification experience with 3 years in a senior position is essential
- Experience in implementing financial control systems is essential
- Experience in using SUN and other related Accounting Systems & Spreadsheets is essential
- Excellent management & leadership skills
- Excellent skills in facilitation and capacity building for inter-linkages between staff, partners & stakeholders
- Ability to work well without supervision
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multitask
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to interface effectively with other members of staff and solve problems using own initiative
- Demonstrable versatility in use of Microsoft offices
To apply, kindly complete the application form accessed from https://nigeria.actionaid.org/jobs
Subject line of emails must state clearly, job title of position applied for and location e.g Head of Finance – Abuja and send your completed applications in an MSWord attachment to: [email protected]
Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Scanned application forms will be disregarded.
Kindly refer to the website – https://nigeria.actionaid.org/jobsfor detailed job description and application form.
ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 10th June 2019. While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.