It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid is looking for a Finance & IT Manager to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Working within the WaterAid Liberia, the Finance & IT Manager will Ensure implementation of WaterAid financial policies and processes. These include update the Fixed Asset Register, Delegation of Authority policy, Risk Register, Conflict of Interest Register, Cash & authorisation limits, Code of Conduct and related global policies. Assist in the implementation of the new WaterAid Liberia full cost allocation policy, Review and update accounts manuals and policies and procedures in line with global policies, country labour laws and donor requirements and ensure compliance. Ensure WaterAid assets are adequately safeguarded.
To be successful, you’ll need to be:
- Knowledge of budget and cash flow monitoring and developing financial monitoring and reporting systems
- Experience of working with database applications,
- Risk analysis and risk management experience
- Good knowledge of standard software packages including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Good leadership qualities, team building spirit and problem-solving skills
- Ability to supervise and manage team effectively
- Discretion in handling of confidential information
- We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision. We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.
Click on ‘Apply’ to download the job description.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, send your application, consisting of a letter of interest and a CV to [email protected], using Finance & IT Manager as the subject of the email. Deadline: 20th June 2019
Check out our similar jobs
- IT Jobs
- IT Manager Jobs