Deadline: 23 June 2019 – Internship Code: DSD/DVL/19/3
Situated in the heart of Vienna, Austria, the Secretariat of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) is offering an exciting, full-time internship opportunity in its Data Services Department.
The Data Services Department acts as a central, timely provider of reliable up-to-date data, documentation and information pertaining to energy markets, the oil market in particular, and renders IT development services.
- Assisting in cataloguing, indexing, describing and organizing information assets;
- Processing, packaging, and re-arranging physical records according to established principles;
- Digitizing records, including the preparation of documents, scanning, performing quality control and assigning metadata;
- Assisting with records transfers as required;
- Assisting in other archive-related tasks as necessary.
Duration: 3 months.
The successful candidate will be enrolled at least in the final year of a recognized university programme in Archival Science, Records Management, Library Studies, History, Computer Science, Information Technology, or any other Science related to Information Management.
- Genuine interest in Archival Science, Records- and Information Management.
- Interest in emerging Information Management Technologies and Improvements.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Good verbal and written skills, including the ability to describe records accurately and consistently.
- Shows initiative and integrity.
- Knowledge of Records- and Archival-Management-Software is an asset.
- Knowledge of International Archival Standards (e.g. ISAD(G), RiC, DublinCore) is an asset.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their CVs to [email protected], quoting code DSD/DVL/19/3 in the subject field, by 23 June 2019