RwandAir, established in 2002 is the National Carrier for the Republic of Rwanda. RwandAir mission statement is “to provide unsurpassed, safe and reliable services in air transportation, including strategically linking Rwanda with the outside world, while ensuring a fair return on investment.” The majority share holding of the company is the Government of Rwanda.
RwandAir Limited is the flag carrier Airline of Rwanda. It operates domestic and international services to Europe, East Africa, Central Africa, West Africa, Southern Africa and the Middle East from its main base at Kigali International Airport. Our mission is to provide unsurpassed, safe and reliable services in air transportation, including strategically linking Rwanda with the outside world, while ensuring a fair return on investment. As part of the expansion strategy we are looking for interested, qualified and competent candidates to fill the following position:
1. Job Title: Ground Support Equipment Manager
2. Reports to: Senior Manager Ramp Services
3. Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain GSE according to the manufacturer’s instructions;
- Reports security threats and incidents that occurred during daily operations;
- To ensure the serviceability and safety of equipment prior to and after use;
- Ensure and maintain cleanness of Equipment;
- Maintain required levels of certification / licenses for ground support equipment operators;
- Any certification expiry should be reported to the line manager;
- Ensuring that all non-compliance reported from evaluation process are closed within the time frame provided, action which should include identifying the roots causes of failure;
- To ensure a safe and secure environment in compliance with relevant industry requirement;
- Always maintain equipment in accordance with company operating procedures and regulatory authorities while ensure healthy, safety and secure working practices.
Desired Profile: Required Education, Experience and Abilities
- Advanced diploma in mechanical engineering;
- At least 2 years’ experience as leader in mechanical engineering field;
- Must be computer literate with knowledge and skills in computerized software;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and knowledge of French is an added advantage;
- Organizational skills;
- Ability to read, understand and interpret manufactures’ manuals;
- Knowledge of mechanical system and tools;
- Ability to handle multi-tasks and prioritize work in relation to needs and urgency, and meet tight deadlines;
5. How to apply:
- An application letter addressed to Ag. Director -Human Resources;
- Recent Curriculum Vitae with the 3 referees;
- One passport photos;
- Notarized relevant certificates;
- A photocopy of Rwanda national identity card;
The deadline for submitting application documents is October 25th, 2019 at 4pm local time at the front desk of our head office located at Kigali International Airport, Main Airport building.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.