Christian Aid (UK) Nigeria country programme in partnership with Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is implementing a respond to the food and livelihood crisis in the northeast Nigeria. CAID Nigeria will be implementing training to seed distribution committees (SDCs) who will be targeting IDPs, returnees and host communities through provision of quality agricultural inputs doing the lean season to avoid losing the fourth consecutive harvest in seven local government areas of Borno State.
- To train 50 seed distribution committee (SDCs) on agricultural methods of planting and growing crop as cowpea, millets, sorghum, maize, okra, amaranthus, sorrels seeds and rossele seeds.
- Plan a one day training session agenda on practical agricultural practicing planting recovery methods.
- Conduct pre-and post- test to ascertain knowledge gain before and after the training.
- Prepare facilitating materials to the SDCs for guide in their various communities.
- To train on improving household resilience by restoring and supporting livelihoods, planting and nutrition.
- Using pictorials and practical methods for demonstration to the SDCs on pre and post- harvest handlings.
- A Degree in agronomy, resilience, agriculture, crop production, agricultural extension or equivalent. A master degree is an added advantage.
- 5 years and above experience implementing development programming in agronomy/ agricultural production in northern Nigeria.
- A minimum of a 5-year working experience in facilitation of agricultural training on seed planting, resilience agriculture, crop production and pre and post-harvest handling techniques.
- Strong experience working on nutrition sensitive and climate smart agriculture.
- Strong background knowledge on farming methods in the northeastern Nigeria.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, Hausa or Kanuri.
- Sound knowledge on soil and topography in the northeastern Nigeria.
- Strong ability to develop agricultural training materials
- Develop slides and hard copy training materials for the training.
- Submit a training report, pre-and post-test scores after the training.
- Develop and share training modules and pictorials before and after training
Interested consultant should submit the following to: email: email@example.com with Training Facilitator as the title of the mail (in the subject box) on or before the deadline- Friday
18th May, 2017 to include the following;
- Overview of consultant’s academic qualifications and relevant experience to be included in his/her CV. The CV should also include the contact details such as physical location, telephone number and email address
- Description of the services/work to be performed
- Proposed methodology and training plan