- Participate in the organization of the physiotherapy department to allow a smooth running of patient treatment.
- Manage the different physiotherapy treatments required for the patient receiving services at the hospital
- Keep proper physiotherapy activities records and statistics and provide reports as required
- Train and supervise the local physiotherapists and to introduce safe physio techniques where possible into the hospital project.
- Identify and thoroughly asses amputee patients for prosthetic/orthotic rehabilitation and ensures appropriate referrals.
- Ensures reporting all the duties as physiotherapist in patient files and statistics
- Assures the maintenance of physiotherapy tools and equipment, repairs and replacements
- Registered Physiotherapist with the relevant physiotherapy board
- BSC physiotherapy certificate or higher from recognised institution
- 3-5 years work experience in clinical physiotherapy setting
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Good computer skills
- Good temperament, well-mannered and behaved
- Very good communication skills, especially when it comes to speaking and listening
- Emotional stability and to be able to work in stressful and traumatic situations, while keeping empathy towards patients
- Flexibility and quick response capacity to endure recurrent changes in working schedule, to be able to work for long hours and act swiftly in emergencies.
- Great interpersonal skills, to be able to work well with a variety of situation with different people.
- Good physical endurance and to be able to perform frequent physical tasks, standing for long time while maintaining good energy
- Good problem solving skills and to be able to think quickly and address problems as/or before they arise.
- Be able to maintain respect to his/her patients, colleagues and profession/duty in different circumstances
How to Apply:
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to
Please clearly indicate “Physiotherapist Maiduguri” as the subject of your application
(Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 29.09.2017, 16:30 h. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org