Position Summary: The HR & Admin Officer will manage, develop, and administer policies and programs covering several of the following: recruitment, wage and salary administration, training, employee relations, and benefits. H/She will work closely with the Education Team Leader to develop plans and strategies to meet organizational requirements and ensure the program policies and practices comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Reporting & Supervision:
The position reports to the Education Team Leader and supervises the Logistics & Admin Assistant. The HR & Admin Officer will liaise regularly with the Regional HR Operations Manager on related project and corporate HR matters.
· Manage HR office operations ensuring compliance with Creative and client HR rules and regulations.
· Lead/coordinate the full-cycle recruitment process including finalization of job descriptions, advertisement of vacancies, review of applicants, scheduling and conducting interviews alongside project senior management, checking candidate references, and collecting new hire documents.
· Onboarding/orientation of new project hires.
· Manage employee benefits enrollment and ensure all inquiries and challenges faced by employees regarding their insurances are handled.
· Coordinate the performance evaluation process.
· Provide information and advice to project staff regarding HR policies and procedure.
· Responsible for coordinating staff training and establishing staff development plans based on staff appraisals and evaluations.
· Receives and logs various grievances or complaints from employees; consults with Regional HR Operations Manager and legal counsel regarding difficult cases and provides recommended solutions prior to forwarding complaints to management for review.
· Provide oversight related to the updating of personnel files and other related HR documents including employment agreements, amendments, time sheets, calendar holidays and leaves.
· Provide information as required by Compliance Officers/Auditors during audits.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
· University degree in education; advanced degree preferred.
· At least one to three years of relevant professional experience with an international or civil society organization, including direct implementation of education programming.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent record keeping and documentation skills.
· Familiarity with donor/client rules and regulations.
· Familiarity with local employment law.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
· Verbal and written working proficiency in English.
· Ability to work under pressure in challenging working and living conditions.
· Willingness to travel extensively in northeast Nigeria, including to remote and/or insecure locations.
Only finalists will be, please contacted. No phone calls.
Please send your CV/resume to CreativeNigeriaRecruitment@gmail.com