Position Summary: The Accountant will be responsible for working under the Senior Finance Officer to manage project expenditures and accounts.
Reporting & Supervision:
The position reports to the Senior Finance Officer.
· Manages day to day finance operations, including implementing Creative and USAID policies, procedures and systems, reviewing accounts payable documents for proper accuracy and completeness, and liaising with bank on all banking issues.
· Completes donor financial reporting, tracks spending, and supports the Finance and Administration Officer.
· Provides updated monthly cost reports and draft quarterly financial reports and monthly ad hoc reports on financial status of project expenses and budget information.
· Manages the process of clearing bills, payments, and vouchers from the Bauchi field office; and the transfer of project funds from the central account to field accounts.
· Works closely with the home office in Washington, DC to ensure reconciliation of monthly expense reports, and respond to any inquiries they may have.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
· University degree in education; advanced degree preferred.
· At least one to three years of relevant professional experience with an international or civil society organization, including direct implementation of education programming
· Expertise in accounting, finance or business administration.
· Knowledge of laws, accounting principles, USAID rules and regulations, and labor laws
· Excellent spoken and technical writing ability in English
· Good computer skills in programs including MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook
· Ability to work under pressure in challenging working and living conditions
· Willingness to travel extensively in northeast Nigeria, including to remote and/or insecure locations
Only finalists will be, please contacted. No phone calls. Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Em pan>
Please send your CV/resume to CreativeNigeriaRecruitment@gmail.com with the subject line “Accountant EIE”