Nutrition Health Field Officer
- Serves as focal point for all matters related to the ICRC supported Nutrition component in primary health care program in his/her area of responsibility
- Understands the ICRC Primary Health Care (PHC) & Nutrition objectives and is able to communicate them to interlocutors
- Attends nutrition cluster meetings as an observer and reports back to the ICRC Nutrition Mobile Delegate (NUT PHC)/ Health Delegate on information shared and/or obtained.
- Liaises and attends regular meetings with the relevant hospital management committee for Follow up, flow of communication and instilling ownership and capacity to the committee.
- Monitors and analyses consumption and any inconsistencies in stock, reporting back to the Nutrition Delegate
- Together with Health Delegate ensures appropriate and timely responses to emergencies
- Conducts nutritional assessments when and where required
- Health Nutritionist registered with the relevant authorizing body in Nigeria
- Very good computer skills, including spreadsheets
- Good command of Hausa, Bura, Margi and Kanuri languages
- Good knowledge of public health, and of local health services, staff and system
- Good knowledge of the Ministry of Health and Medical Nutrition programs in Nigeria
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
- At least 3 years work experience in public health nutrition
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Good communications and negotiation skills, confident in talking in front of a large public, sense of responsibility
- Field oriented and good networking
- Excellent team spirit and acquired capacity to manage stressful situations
- Flexibility and quick response capacity to endure recurrent changes in working schedule
- Be able to maintain respect to his/her colleagues, interlocutors and profession/duty in different circumstances
- Highly developed analytical, planning and organizing skills
- Prepared to spend at least 70% of time doing field visits
How to Apply:
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to
Please clearly indicate “Nutrition HFO BIU” as the subject of your application
(Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 13.10.2017, 16:30 h. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org