Urban Water Engineer
- Communicates and coordinates WatHab department programs, needs and activities with internal and external parties on the instruction of the WatHab Delegate.
- Undertakes or contributes to program and project planning, design and implementation.
- Develop or supervise development of project documents, including project proposals, tender requests, contracts, cost estimations, technical drawings, specifications, planning and logistics needs,
- Establishes strong communication and working relationships with relevant Government bodies (notably the State Ministry of Water Resources and the Adamawa State Water Board)
- Directly coordinates and supervises complex technical rehabilitation projects, including ensuring quality, timeliness and cost effectiveness of project works.
- Follows, respects and promotes the ICRC financial, administrative and logistical regulations and rules.
- Follow up on tendering, contracting and purchasing activities with logistics department and provide support when required.
- Provision of concise and pertinent progress reporting on programs, projects and other activities of the WatHab department, including quantifiable and statistic information.
- Higher education degree (Bachelors, Masters, or equivalent) in water supply, sanitation, civil or related technical fields.
- Additional vocational training in relevant technical fields.
- 8+ years of engineering experience in water supply, sanitation, construction or similar technical fields
- 2+ years of experience working for or with government institution, public service, or community driven projects.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Strong communication and reporting skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with Adamawa State
- Familiarity with standard norms, rules, regulations, local techniques and requirements for construction in Borno State.
- Communicative and clear
- Responsible, reliable and accountable
How to Apply:
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to
Please clearly indicate “Urban Water Engineer (Yola)” as the subject of your application
(Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 13.10.2017, 16:30 h. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org