- Candidates for the post must possess a Doctorate degree from a recognised University in at least one programme offered in the College.
- Candidates must show evidence of result-oriented researches with high national and international impact.
- Candidates must be proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) packages and capabilities.
- Candidates must not be more than 59 years at the time of assumption of duty in March 2018.
- Candidates must possess a Professional Teaching Qualification;a minimum of Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) or Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) or Professional Diploma in Education (PDE), including registration with Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN).
- He/She must be a Chief Lecturer for a minimum of 5 years. In addition, he/she must have held Senior Teaching, Research and Top Administrative positions in a tertiary institution for a minimum of 15 years.
- Candidates should have demonstrative ability to attract finds to the College, both locally and internationally.
- Candidate must have evidence of Community Service
- He/She shall not promote personal, social, ethnic, political, religious and other sectional interests.
- He/she must be a person of high proven integrity.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for an initial period of four (4) years, in the first instance, and may be eligible for re-appointment for a second term of four (4) years.
- The salary attached to the post is according to a special scheme of service and consolidated.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications in twenty (20) hard copies with an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae which must include the following information in this order:
Full Names(Surname first)
Date and Place of Birth, Local Government Area
State of origin
Current postal address
Permanent home address
Number of children and Ages
Name and address of Next of Kin
Educational institutions attended with dates
Professional qualifications and distinctions with dates
Membership of Professional Associations/ Bodies
Honorary/fellowship of learned society (if any)
Work Experience in chronological order
Present Employer, Status, Salary and Work Schedule(s)
Date available to assume duty if appointed.
Names and addresses of three (3) Referees, one of whom must be the present employer.
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked “Post of’Provost” at upper-left hand corner, addressed to:
Federal College of Education, Eha-Amufu,
- Candidates should request their Referees to send confidential reports attesting to their claims of academic and managerial capabilities to the same address, as above, before the closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
Application Deadline: 22nd January, 2018.