The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) has a vacancy based in Vienna, Austria, for an Information Assistant (Maternity leave replacement for 1 year and 2 months approximately) in the Information Center/Data Services Department.
- Handles all aspects of journal (print and electronic) subscriptions, including subscription lists, budget preparation, budget & expenditure reports and processing of invoices, contracts, and claims for missing journal issues.
- Handles all aspects of online subscriptions, including registration and activation of all library/corporate and institutional access to online subscriptions as well as maintenance of assigned user lists for subscriptions.
- Maintains the electronic periodical catalogue using the Library Integrated System Biblioteca2000, including registration and cataloguing of all new subscriptions and updating the electronic Kardex system.
- Prepares and maintains circulation and display journal lists.
- Maintains the physical periodical collection, including handling of the archive storage, selecting journals for binding, shelving and discarding and updating manual records.
- Carries out reference and research services and assists staff, delegates and authorized visitors with reference inquiries and literature search.
- Carries out any other tasks assigned by the relevant superiors as pertain to his/her background, qualifications and position.
- Secondary School certificate plus special courses
- 3 years (with a minimum of 1 year in a library)
Skills and Knowledge:
- Library management system
- MS Office
- Copyright Law (data protection)
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
Commensurate remuneration package i.e. monthly basic salary of (€3,055 x 12 per year) with tax-free benefits and six weeks of annual leave.
Finance & Human Resources Department
A-1010 Vienna – Austria
or Email: email@example.com
Online applicants should quote “Job Code 3.4.03” in the “Subject” field. An automatic reply will be sent to confirm the successful submission of the documents.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 4 February 2018. Acknowledgements will only be sent to short-listed candidates.