The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) has a vacancy based in Vienna, Austria, for a Systems/Network Specialist in its Administration & IT Services Department.
- Carries out research and troubleshooting of network related problems; improves the performance between software and infrastructure; finds peaks in DataStream and provides for bottlenecks; identifies future needs compared to general software and hardware development.
- Develops and implements new procedures to improve computer network services; and creates automated tasks to warn and prevent service errors and interruptions to limit total down time.
- Monitors all installed servers for performance and security, searches for bottlenecks and access peaks and investigates for software settings; adjusts software parameters and finds security compromising services and tasks.
- Maintains and upgrades software/hardware installations, installs regular security patches, determines necessary hardware extensions and prevents hardware related service interruptions.
- Provides user support, troubleshoots user accounts and provides help to prevent further problems; identifies software errors and searches for software updates and patches.
- Keeps abreast of technological development and runs tests on new software and hardware to identify improvements for the Secretariat.
- Examines trade magazines and attends computer trade shows to obtain latest information on technology that will benefit the Secretariat.
- Carries out any other tasks assigned by the relevant superiors as pertain to his/her background, qualifications and position.
- University degree in computer science, information technology or other science studies related to information technology
- Professional certification in network operating systems and related technologies (preferably Microsoft OS)
- 4 years of work experience
Skills and Knowledge:
- Networking concept
- Microsoft, CISCO and VMW
- Exchange e-mail server
- Firewall concept
- Computer hardware
- Video & Web Conferencing
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
Commensurate remuneration package (i.e. monthly basic salary of € 3,976 x 12 per year) with tax-free benefits and six weeks of annual leave.
Finance & Human Resources Department
A-1010 Vienna – Austria
or Email: email@example.com
Online applicants should quote “Job Code 10.3.04” in the “Subject” field. An automatic reply will be sent to them to confirm the successful submission of the documents.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 18 February 2018. Acknowledgements will only be sent to short-listed candidates.