Deadline: 14 June 2019 – Internship Code: DSD/STA/19/2
Situated in the heart of Vienna, Austria, the Secretariat of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) is offering an exciting, full-time internship opportunity in its Data Services Department.
The Data Services Department acts as a central, timely provider of reliable up-to-date data, documentation and information pertaining to energy markets, the oil market in particular, and renders IT development services.
- To work on the development of the OPEC Big Data Project on the IT side.
- To develop data visualization and presentation methods for various data sets.
- To implement statistical analyses.
- To co-operate closely with the Statistics Team and Development Team on the Project.
Duration: 3 months.
The successful candidate will be enrolled at least in the final year of a recognized university programme preferably in computer science, data science, statistics, mathematics, data services or related fields.
- Genuine innovative interest in data and statistical related subjects, IT development, data science and the oil market.
- Interest in big data techniques, software design, data mining and thorough understanding of information architecture.
- Appreciable communication skills.
- Analytical, innovative with a perseverant personality.
- Presentable with positive manners and behaviour.
- Outstanding English skills (speaking and technical writing).
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their CVs to [email protected] by 14 June 2019.