Logistics Officer ( Position for Nigerian Residents)
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Ngala, Borno State
General purpose of the position
The purpose of this role is to develop and strengthen INTERSOS’ Logistics capacity and contribute to the professional development of logistics within the area of Procurement, Warehouse management and support for the Offices and Guest-houses management.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
· Provide line management oversight and ensure effective fleet scheduling within the field base.
· Support the Logistics Assistant in Maiduguri to enforce maintenance schedule and ensure efficient fuel supply management.
· Manage the assessment of the local purchasing environment (through new local market analysis, information gathered from previous purchases, program teams, other NGOs etc.);
· Review technical proposals of suppliers and carry out a cost/benefit analysis;
· Manage the prequalification procedure of local suppliers & maintain general records of completed Procurement dossiers.
· Scrutinize the quality of materials delivered to the warehouse from the prequalified suppliers;
· Applicable working knowledge of IMP or other procurement databases.
· In collaboration with Head of Sub Office, arrange accommodation for staff & ensures effective management of all offices and guesthouse services.
· Ensure timely submission of the request for provision of office supplies
· Produce and respect a maintenance plan of all services in the offices and guesthouses; organize a proper archive system in the base affected;
· Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Logistics/Procurement or any related subject
· At least 3 years of professional work experience in logistics at a similar level including at least 1 year in emergency settings
· Flexibility under pressure and in response to changing needs.
· Attention to detail and excellent numeracy.
· Ability to keep clear and concise records.
· Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri is an asset.
· Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with the analytic approach.
· Ability to take initiative and work autonomously.
· Ability to achieve results effectively, considering the need for speed, scale and quality.
· Ability to integrate and work well within multiethnic and multicultural teams 4 of INTERSOS.
· Ability to work in austere and hostile environments.
· Availability to share accommodation facilities when required.
How to Apply
Candidates interested in this position should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname_Position you applied for”.
Please note that ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 31st January 2020 at 4:00 PM
Please note that INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.