GE Energy – Oil & Gas : Turbomachinery – Senior Project Manager(Port-Harcourt)
GE is a diversified global infrastructure, finance and media company that is built to meet essential world needs. From energy, water, transportation and health to access to money and information, GE serves customers in more than 100 countries and employs more than 300,000 people worldwide.
For more information, visit the company’s Web site at www.ge.com.
GE Oil & Gas (www.ge.com/oilandgas) is a world leader in advanced technology equipment and services for all segments of the oil and gas industry, from drilling and production, LNG, pipelines and storage to industrial power generation, refining and petrochemicals.
We also provide pipeline integrity solutions, including inspection and data management. As part of our ‘Innovation Now’ customer focus and commitment, GE Oil & Gas leverages technological innovation from other GE businesses, such as aviation and healthcare, to continuously improve oil and gas industry performance and productivity. GE Oil & Gas employs more than 12,000 people worldwide and operates in over 70 countries.
Responsible for the Execution of the Project in terms of the main contractual obligations – i.e.full compliance with Contract scope of supply and agreed Technical Requirements, timely delivery and quality as well as achievement of the expected profitability of the Project itself.
He/she is the main interface between the Customer and GE O&G with great visibility inside and outside the Company. He/she plays a proactive role in problems prevention during the Project life cycle by highlighting potential areas of concern and promptly driving other departments in solving issues, which could affect Project flawless execution. In doing so, he/she gains a complete and deep knowledge of the processes and activities throughout the whole Company.
Among the above responsibilities, he/she will mainly focus on:
* Translating Customer needs/requirements into detailed Project plans shared with Company Functions involved and driving internal execution to meet the targets.
* Managing cross-functional Teams
* Developing enduring faithful Customer relationships
* Ensuring/improving Project profitability
BS Engineering – Mechanical preferred
* At least 10 years of experience as Project Manager
* Fluent spoken English
* Contractual Term and Conditions knowledge
* Available to travel at short notice
The ideal candidate has Customer Centric behavior, is able to deal with complex Customers and meet specific requirements when needed. Strives for achieving the Project goals and Customer satisfaction. Has passion for the work “well done first time”, intellectual rigor and professional discipline while running the Project. Has strong team leadership and team building skills. Is a team player, able to effectively communicate with his/her peers and supervisors. Has good influencing skills when dealing with Functions. Has effective communication and presentation skills
Apply for this job
- Senior Mechanical/Control Field Service Engineer – Nigeria | Nigeria
- Project Director – Nigeria | Lagos, Nigeria
- Area Service Manager | Ikoyi – Lagos, Nigeria
- GE Energy – Oil & Gas : Turbomachinery – Senior Project Manager(Port-Harcourt)
- GE Energy – Oil & Gas :Turbomachinery – Senior Project Manager
- GE Energy – Oil & Gas :Turbomachinery – Installation Manager
- GE Energy – Oil & Gas :Project Management Leadership
- GE: Project Management Leadership Program 6(Port-Harcourt)