Lufthansa German Airlines: International Airline Professional, Lagos/ Nigeria
Lufthansa German Airlines is looking for you as an International Airline Professional in Lagos/Nigeria.To ensure that our clients feel at home anywhere in the world and to maintain our position as a leading global corporation, we are investing in people who would like to represent our company values and
products internationally as our International Airline Professional (IAP) in Passenger Services and Operations in Lagos/Nigeria.
International Airline Professional, Lagos/ Nigeria
Entry Date: October, 1st 2010
For international bachelor graduates who are interested in gaining work experience and theoretical insights within the airline industry, there is nothing like a trainee program with Lufthansa. Our program offers graduates from different areas a tailored entry into the aviation sector along with interesting development and career perspectives. Come and observe the airline work environment from a variety of aspects in your home country and in Germany.
You`ll have an opportunity to develop practical skills as you gain firsthand experience in different areas within the airline business. This program also helps you create networks and to extensively further develop your capabilities, preparing you for future operative managerial functions in the international Lufthansa departments – worldwide!
* Every year a small group of individuals (8 to 12) starts the IAP Program. You will learn and share your experience in an international and multicultural environment. A rich personal and professional experience!
* Within 24 months you will get to know different departments of the business sector you are mainly trained for – either Cargo or Passenger Airline. When you apply for a specific IAP-position, you automatically choose the focus of your program. Besides, after a year of program Passage-IAPs will be given the chance to specialize in one of three areas of our business: Passenger Services (Station), Sales, Marketing & Communication. As for Cargo-IAPs, a specialization will be possible within Handling, Sales, Steering & Marketing, or Quality Control.
* Get to know Lufthansa`s world through theoretical classes and internships in different areas of the company. Business games, workshops and discussions will enhance your Lufthansa IAP program.
* In the initial weeks, you will receive a comprehensive introduction to the Lufthansa Aviation Group`s structure, strategy, products and customers. Furthermore, you will attend classes on Business Administration and Air Traffic Management. Specific Lufthansa Training on Ticketing, Operations, Sales, and Logistics will complete the program.
* IAPs will learn our company`s culture during practical assignments, which will take place within the entire Airline and Logistics Group. This rotation system will help you to find out about the operative business and our product. Working at the check-in counter, analyzing our sales figures, contacting our corporate customers, or developing new strategies and processes are just some of the tasks and hands-on experience that will enrich the theoretical training.
* Your individual path during the IAP program will be monitored by your Training Coordinator and a coordinated performance management system.
* IAPs will receive a monthly trainee salary, based on the local standards.
* an above-average Bachelor Degree or equivalent education
* nigerian citizenship or permanent residence/work permit in Nigeria
* fluency in English (both written and spoken)
* basic knowledge of German or willingness to learn German
* high level of service orientation
* ability to work equally well on your own and in a team
* intercultural sensibility and competence
* analytical and problem-solving oriented working methods
* good social and communicative skills
* ability to work efficiently under time constraints in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
* good MS-Office and Typing/Computer skills
* candidates must be able to obtain an airport badge and meet all local airport requirements through history records check
General Application Sequence
* Application as posted in the job opportunity with submission of data regarding CV and studies.
* A 30-minute telephone interview in English (depending on the country offering a position).
* An interview in the local training department.
* After a previous selection, candidates will take part in a one-day assessment center in Germany. It will be held in English.
Lufthansa is one of the world`s leading airlines. As an internationally-operating aviation Group Deutsche Lufthansa is active in five business fields: Passenger Transportation, Logistics, MRO, Catering and IT Services. More than 400 subsidiaries and holding companies also belong to the Group. The airline offers more than 200 destinations in approximately 80 countries using around 722 aircraft, 317 of them belong to Lufthansa German Airlines. More than 76 million passengers worldwide place their trust in us each year. The dedication, skills and excellent service of our 117 000 employees everywhere in the world is one of our greatest strengths.
Lufthansa German Airlines
OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRIES
- Lufthansa German Airlines: Accounts Manager Specialist
- Lufthansa German Airlines African Jobs(Ghana,Angola,South Africa etc
- Lufthansa Airlines: Business Analyst (M/F) Lagos/Nigeria
- African Jobs: Customer Service Agent Town Office (m/f), Accra/Ghana at Lufthansa Airlines
- Africa Jobs: Key Account Manager (m/f), Accra/Ghana at Lufthansa Airlines