Ever since Airtel took its first step in the world of telecommunications, there has been no looking back for it… and for its employees. Airtel-ites bring a new meaning to their daily work routine by exploring newer ways of working, taking risks, going on unchartered paths and by just doing things THAT HAVE NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE.
Here, we encourage our people to explore. We tell them that new lands don’t come with maps. That if they slip and fall on unknown paths, they will get a helping hand. We have built our work culture on this simple philosophy. Get rid of the fear of the unknown and you create the grounds for success.
And it has helped people fly.
It has made our workplace a workshop, where thinking different is the norm. Where fearless innovation results in amazing breakthroughs.
But truly, the most satisfying breakthrough is the workplace itself. It’s a culture that celebrates 17,000 employees as 17,000 entrepreneurs.
Assistant Manager: IBS & 3G roll out
1. JOB PURPOSE
Plan, Direct and Deploy all Identified Network Projects and Programs to ensure High Speed of Time to Market. This role must guarantee synergy, effective and efficient resource utilization, cost optimization and Return on investments to deliver on Business goals and +1 Network experience.
2. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
Expected End Results
To ensure Deployment of IBS and site Sharing as per Annual Operating Plan
· Implements approved Project Costs as it relates to IBS and Colo (Site sharing)
· Create Project Tracking Systems and ensure continual improvements in Business Model.
· Continous evaluation of existing Service Level agreements, with all stakeholders to achieve positive customer experience and optimize costs
· Operate as single point of Contact for all IBS and COLO Management.
· Ensure areas that are controlled by Network impacts on gain in market share
· Ensure innovative resource planning
Speed of Execution of IBS Roll outs & COLO site RFI ready for all radio networks
· Ensure that the speed to market exceeds competition and first time resolution( FTR)
· Provide plans and Set up process of Increasing network coverage in strategic revenue generating locations
· Determine and Manage strict timelines and quality delivery in a multi-vendor environment with Nokia Siemens Networks
· Establish systemic process for the supervision of installation of new Network Devices with future capacity plan
· Track Deployment and Colo Upgrades as a part of Program Management Support to Network Operations
Logistics and Project Management
· Establish departmental process to align to PMI process for all projects and enforce strict adherence.
· Ensure Management of CWIP( Capital work in Progress) to deliver on equipments not be obsolete in warehousing.
Regulatory and Statutory Compliance
· Ensure all necessary documentation for regulatory compliance is adequate and readily available
· Ensure all statutory permissions required for deployment have been approved and documented.
Partner and Supply Chain Management
· Provide support and Ensure effective process of Partner management of Service Provide and Infrastructure vendors. Establish procedure for Improving rollout and maintenance vendor and subcontractor performance to ensure regular follow-up and objective measurements.
· Developing a win-win relationship by setting common goals and objectives.
· Ensure and monitor timely release of site request( SR) and Service Order with Tower Company and SP
· Provide platform for seamless sharing of sites with other Tower Company for effective and speedy deployment.
· Review site sharing activities with the telecom vendors and ensure that all the sites are inside the rental brackets and required permitting (environmental etc) are secured in time to avoid project delays
· Partner with Supply Chain Management Team and Validate the requests and raise the purchase of new hardware based on standards.
· Ensure and coordinate various activities with Supply Chain Management for Warehousing & Dispatching of network element to specific locations.
· Track and Follow-up on material delivery for the network rollout (Local & imported)
3. SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
§ Any university degree In Engineering.
§ Professional qualification in Project Management Techniques
Relevant Experience (Type of experience and minimum number of years)
§ 5-8 years in deployment of GSM and/or 3G.
§ Experience in Site Planning and Use of Map Info and planning tools
Other requirements (Behavioural etc.)
§ Strong Numeric skills
§ Critical Thinking Skills
§ Business Acumen
§ Eye for details
§ Environmental Knowledge
§ Communication skills
§ Project management
§ Process Quality