Successful Technical Service Engineers have a strong understanding of the tools and hardware utilized in various completion styles, and of virtual hydraulics and virtual completion fluids. With excellent organizational skills, and a good working knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), they have the ability to work with minimal supervision. They have good communication skills and are experienced in working in laboratories and on rigs.
- Optimizes new technology formulations to meet specific needs.
- Stays abreast of new technologies, understands their benefits, and assists in their introduction.
- Reports lessons learned from the implementation of new technologies.
- Proposes technical recommendations, solutions and integrated services to customers.
- Participates in design and planning meetings, and develops programs with operations and service personnel.
- Organizes and oversees lab testing required for drilling and completion projects.
- Provides engineering support, and responds swiftly and effectively to wellsite technical issues.
- Prepares technical communications, bulletins, reports, case histories, papers and presentations on new systems and products developed.
- Designs testing matrices to reflect various completion styles.
- Develops and writes displacement programs for clear brine, cased and open hole, applications.
- Recommends, formulates, and optimizes RDF/CBF fluid and breaker systems for tenders and upcoming completion projects.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with customer drilling/completions personnel.
- Trains regional technical and operational personnel.
- Complies with all quality, health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Reviews laboratory risk assessments and job safety analysis prior to all jobs.
- Adheres to all HSE rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering, or equivalent experience – a minimum of five years’ operations experience.
- Minimum three (3) years’ operations experience.
- Must meet the minimum qualifications and have been in current position for at least 18 months.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.